July 2014 Moms

Sleep: 2 steps backwards

LO was sleeping in RnP from birth. We got to the point that he would do a 4-6 hr initial stretch and then get up ev 3-4 hrs after that for bottles. 

We transitioned to crib around 8 weeks and he started daycare/I started back to work at 10 wks. Since the transition he goes only 3hrs the entire night. To say I'm a zombie at work is an understatement. 

Has anyone else had a similar sleep regression? Hoping it will even back out soon. :/ 

How much is everyone else's LO sleeping during the day (daycare or not)? Not sure if that is part of our problem. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Sleep: 2 steps backwards

• My lo sleeps for about 3 hours in the a.m. then about an hour around lunch and 3 hours again around dinner time. In bed by 9. Wakes up to eat at 2 and 5 up for day at 8
    image.
  • Two weeks ago (my kid is 12 weeks old now) she slept through the night for 5 straight days and hasn't done it since. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Loading the player...
  • She's been going from 7:30-12:30, then 'til 4 and up at 7:30, but these last two nights she's been up every 1-2 hours.  First, I thought it was because she was done with the swaddle and she likes to suck on her fists.  I swaddled her with one arm out and that kind of worked. 

Then I realized that she's probably going through wonder week 12.  She's had a huge jump in development these past few days, and that can definitely impact sleep.  Hopefully, as in past wonder weeks, this is only a 2 night deal and she goes back to sleeping better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Elias usually is in bed between 9:30 and 10:30, then wakes anywhere from 2:00-4:00. If he wakes closer to 2, I am guaranteed another MOTN feeding. I spoke to our pedi about it today, and he said so long as we still do the early feeding, we can try to skip the 2nd feeding. Not sure how this will work since he could raise the dead with his hunger wails. This is after he would sleep till 4am several weeks ago without needing the earlier feeding.

• ADC1979 said:
    Elias usually is in bed between 9:30 and 10:30, then wakes anywhere from 2:00-4:00. If he wakes closer to 2, I am guaranteed another MOTN feeding. I spoke to our pedi about it today, and he said so long as we still do the early feeding, we can try to skip the 2nd feeding. Not sure how this will work since he could raise the dead with his hunger wails. This is after he would sleep till 4am several weeks ago without needing the earlier feeding.

Please don't let your 2 month old CIO.  I don't know if that was your intent, but if it was, please at least try to soothe him back to sleep.  If he needs to eat, he needs to eat.  Babies' eating patterns change as they go through different stages.  He'll need to eat more if he's going through a growth spurt. 

This is why I don't get particularly excited when they STTN before 4 months.  It's almost always a big fat SYKE!

• @argonne Not necessarily (re: STTN before 4 months being short-lived). Every baby is different, but we used 12 Hours by 12 weeks with DD, and by 14w (we started a little late) she was STTN. She had her last feeding at 8pm, and didn't wake until between 7-8am, and aside from a week of teething hell here and there, she's stuck to it. DS is on track to do the same. Neither of them have been left to cry, or gave gone hungry.
    @justgowithit I highly recommend the 12 Hours Sleep by 12 Weeks book. It helped us not only at night, but daytime scheduling as well. First, by establishing a consistent feeding routine, and then napping.

• ADC1979 said:
    Elias usually is in bed between 9:30 and 10:30, then wakes anywhere from 2:00-4:00. If he wakes closer to 2, I am guaranteed another MOTN feeding. I spoke to our pedi about it today, and he said so long as we still do the early feeding, we can try to skip the 2nd feeding. Not sure how this will work since he could raise the dead with his hunger wails. This is after he would sleep till 4am several weeks ago without needing the earlier feeding.
    If you want my unsolicited advice, just feed him if he wakes. I mean, you can try to let him fuss it out for a few minutes or go in and soothe and see if he falls back asleep, but if he's actually wailing, then he probably is hungry. Baby sleep patterns change all the time and he could need extra feedings if he's going through a growth spurt or whatever. They are still so little. It's an inconvenience now to have extra wakings but there will be lots of time when he's older to try to drop any night time feedings that you suspect have become a habit. I think this age is too young for habitual feeds, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"