LGBT Parenting

Symptoms...(or maybe I'm crazy)

ticktock0903ticktock0903 member
edited September 2014 in LGBT Parenting

Ok so either I am having symptoms or I am literally driving myself crazy. First Iast night I was laying down in bed and I would say for a good hr, I had like a dull cramping/pressure sensation in my lower left abdomen...Also the past couple days my sensitivity to smell has been totally wacked. One minute Im fine and the next minute I can smell tobacco from across the room that hasnt been lit all day and its so strong that its almost like its right under my nose. I don't have sore boobs or anything like that though. I have no idea what to think of these things. I of course in my baby mania am attributing all of these things to my being pregnant but I don't want to over amp myself if it turns out that I am not. However, I am usually not this aware of smells. I want to POAS so bad but I agreed to wait until the day before out beta test on Thursday.

I am driving myself up the wall...HELP!!!

Re: Symptoms...(or maybe I'm crazy)

• I feel like questions like this can sometimes be a double edged sword...honestly, I feel that if you have symptoms at this point and you POAS then there should be enough HCG in your system to see a BFP.

For me, I couldn't stop peeing on a stick and when I saw a BFN those symptoms tended to go away.

Our bodies and minds are pretty crazy and sometimes I think we want those symptoms so bad we speculate at every little thing.

That being said, I HOPE your symptoms means you have a BFP!!! Keep us posted!!!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Our bodies and minds are pretty crazy and sometimes I think we want those symptoms so bad we speculate at every little thing. That being said, I HOPE your symptoms means you have a BFP!!! Keep us posted!!!
    Thats how I feel! I want so badly to be pregnant so I feel like I am psyching myself into feeling these things. However ever since we did the IUI I've just been convinced that it worked and that I am pregnant. I know that this is dangerous in that I will have a huge let down if I'm not pregnant but how do you stop FEELING a certain way....a couple more days and we'll know for sure though...I'll post updates though
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hard not to symptom spot and get your hopes up! I was terrible at that during my IVFs. With our last ICI was good at not getting my hopes up, but I pretty much new from the get-go that we had terrible timing, so it was easier....

That being said, I haven't even done our first ICI yet for this cycle.... Not even in the TWW yet.... And I've already gotten my hopes up by looking up our potential due date if this go works. My first trimester would be over right before Christmas and I can't help but get giddy thinking about how fun it will (could) be telling our extended family about a new baby as a Christmas surprise.... Talk about counting your chickens lol
  • So I'm on progesterone for the 2nd time (3rd IuI) and with the first time being on progesterone I had symptoms from the progesterone but just cramping. This time around my gums have been bleeding when I brush my teeth (this never happens), I have had some horrible cramping and my nipples are sore (never happens) so I am thinking it is the progesterone but not sure because I didn't have the sore nipples or bleeding gums the first time I used progesterone. Who knows...I do agree with the others, sometimes we want it so bad, we psyc ourselves out.
    Ps. The Bleeding gums aren't my imagination;)
  • Yea I think my symptoms are are in my head this go around. I woke up to cramping and a little bit of brown discharge (TMI sorry) so I don't know what to think now. Couple more days then we'll know for sure I guess.
  • It is possible for the body to manifest symptoms of its own accord if you feel very strongly about something.  It took us at least four tries before I could settle into something resembling relaxed.

That said, this is an exciting journey and you are entitled to your moments of 'maybe.'  Feel free to spend time with Dr. Google if you want - but maybe wait until you've had two or three consistent days of a symptom.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"