Natural Birth
Options

Excited for possibility to go natural!

My first birth experience was horrible. DS's bio father was not remotely supportive. I was young and far less educated than I am now. I allowed myself to be bullied into an induction and then a c-section because I didn't know I could say no. That and BD kept saying things like "hurry up" and "let's just get this over with, I'm tired". I was in labor for less than 10 hours when they sliced me open, for a plethora of really stupid reasons.

Then my c-section itself was horrible. I presented some level of resistance to the anesthesia, and it wore off when they were putting me back together. Not fun at all.

Fast forward 4 years and here I am. DH is incredibly supportive, and is educating himself on when c-sections are actually necessary, and when they are not. He will fight for me. Although, we also live in a VBAC friendly area, with a number of doctors who specialize in natural and VBAC. So I am very excited to truly be given a fair shot at this. That's all I want. A fair shot for my body to do what it is meant to do.

Re: Excited for possibility to go natural!

• Options
    Good luck!  You'll find that your second pregnancy is the same and different from your first.  It's great that you are in a VBAC friendly area and hopefully be able to have one when the time comes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck!  Having a supportive DH means that no matter what happens, you will have a much better experience this time around. 

You may want to see if you have a local ICAN chapter in your area.  They're a great resource for VBAC information and support.  https://www.ican-online.org/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You'll do great! My VBAC was the best moment of my life. Can't wait to do it again--at home this time!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Being well informed GREATLY increases your chances of a natural VBAC, so you are already well on your way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options
    Thank you everyone! I know DH and I will be butting heads a lot when baby comes, but I am so grateful that he respects that right now, this is MY body, and he will fight with me for my choices. That alone gives me the courage to do this, no second guessing.
  • Options
    How awesome! It makes such a difference to have a supportive partner! Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"