October 2014 Moms

babys last name..

My girl is due in less than two weeks! We are naming her Elsie Autumn (: the only thing that could change is the last name /: my boyfriend is unfaithful, and at the last minute I could switch from his name to mine depending on how he acts in L&D.

On a happy note- what are you naming your little one? (:

Re: babys last name..

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like a more complex situation then we can comment on here OP.  I would try to look at things as objectively as you can though.  Your BF is not faithful to you, but what was the status of the relationship when the pregnancy happened?  Has there been discussion as to how involved he plans to be with your child.  Your relationship may not work, but hopefully both of you can have a successful relationship with your child.  The name is beautiful.  Good Luck!
  • I would advise you to give the baby your last name. If you are already having issues with the baby's father, he may not be involved long term and it will make it easier on you and your baby if you have the same last name. Just my two cents!

I agree completely.
    Same...
  • I would advise you to give the baby your last name. If you are already having issues with the baby's father, he may not be involved long term and it will make it easier on you and your baby if you have the same last name. Just my two cents!

I also agree with this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• My boyfriend stepped out for the first time this week. It was an unplanned pregnancy. He told me about it immediately and we are working it out. Because, you know, we are human.

Thanks for everyone with serious replies. I think it's a good plan to give her my name! (:

The irrelevant comments about things like my BEAUTIFUL bare belly and use of "backwards" smiley faces.. Well, I'll chalk that up to pregnancy hormones!
  • Yay! The drama continues!

"Pregnancy hormones" had nothing to do with the replies you received.

So just "no manners" then haha doesn't surprise me either way.
  • Yay! The drama continues!

"Pregnancy hormones" had nothing to do with the replies you received.

So just "no manners" then haha doesn't surprise me either way.
    Your quotation doesn't really make sense for the insult you are trying to achieve.
    I'm not trying to insult anyone.

• My boyfriend stepped out for the first time this week. It was an unplanned pregnancy. He told me about it immediately and we are working it out. Because, you know, we are human.

Thanks for everyone with serious replies. I think it's a good plan to give her my name! (:

The irrelevant comments about things like my BEAUTIFUL bare belly and use of "backwards" smiley faces.. Well, I'll chalk that up to pregnancy hormones!

1.  This context probably would've been helpful to add into your first post. 

2.  You obviously haven't been around much to understand our reactions.

3.  Hormones and "no manners" .... just no.

Obviously I haven't!
  • I wouldn't give my baby his last name. He has to sign the birth certificate, Or you will never get help from him. Make him pay at the least. Even if he doesn't want to be a part of LOs life he should still have to support her financially. If you don't need help supporting her great, save if for college.
  • Whatever. I do know what I am talking about save your self the trouble and the attorney fees. Let him sign it. I have been throught this with my DHs ex. We had NO RIGHTs till we filed throught the AGs office on our selfs! After we had the test done. It seems to me he wants to be in there. So save your self some time and trouble.

Dont be such a bitch. I can't say anything on this site with out one of you rude bitches having something to say about it. Once paternity is proven he will be able to sign the birth certificate. Sounds to me like she knows he is the dad. So why complicate things
  • Read my first post is was pretty clear. I never said she had to give the baby his name nor would I.

We had a test done ASA she was born. Texas state laws says she couldn't stay over night with us till after the age of 3. So really I DO.

Here you go again assuming you know me and my situation. Who the fuck are you to tell any one what they have experience in ? Let OP decide to take my advice or not I don't remember posting to engage in another bitch attack fest.
  • I think a child should take the fathers last name. if things don't work out the way you want them to feel free to change the babies last name to yours. Give him the benefit of the doubt first, the way he treats you is not always going to be be how he will treat your baby.  
  • When did I EVER judge someone for smoking. Never. And I'm glad you can poke fun at someone's misfortunes. Does it make you feel good?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"