January 2013 Moms
Options

Frivolous! :-)

Ok confession time... I'm getting eyelash extensions this week as an early birthday gift to myself. I'm excited and sheepish all at once! I figure I don't get my nails done, my hair is super cheap, I don't tan or anything else so this might be my frivolous thing. Anyone have a completely useless thing they love?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Frivolous! :-)

• Options
    Holy crap I didn't know they make adult ones either... Uh oh...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My frivolous purchase is a cleaning service every other week.  DH and I could do it if we managed our evening time together a little better, but since we moved out to the lake right before DS was born, we'd rather spend our nights boating with DS or enjoying our view from the deck rather than clean.  We justify it by growing a huge garden, so we don't have time to clean the house, maintain the garden, and can all the vegetables, but hey, our grocery bill is like nothing for the next several months.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it sad I have nothing to contribute for this post. I'm so tight DH claims I can make diamonds out of sand....

I did just get an unexpected check for $119 and I'm trying to think of something to blow it one. But honestly I just want to use it to buy fabric so I can make J's and H's halloween costumes. H wants J to be young Anakin Skywalker and him to be Obi-Wan Kenobi and I'm thinking of being a female Hon Solo (I know, not the same time-frame) but I really do not want to be Queen Amidala.

imageimage

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh, no! I want one of those blankets...maybe for Christmas. ;-)

I'm with @jobiann in that I am terribly frugal, like excessively so. Haha. I guess my frivolous purchases would have to be eating out or...stuff for the house that we don't need? Man, I'm so lame. Like canisters (did buy), more table runners, candles, rugs, appliances...

I need to paint my nails today or something! Haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is good to be frugal! I'm not a crazy spender but I'm not frugal either and I envy you guys, you will be rich when you are old and I won't be. :-) I just think everyone deserves a little something now and again that is only because it makes you happy. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"