September 2014 Moms
Options

Cluster feeding

wieb67wieb67 member
edited September 2014 in September 2014 Moms
Anyone else have a new baby that cluster feeds for like five hours straight? He's fine if I'm not here (my MIL watched him for a couple hours last night) but if he smells me, forget it. Thank god for Netflix because he's gonna be at the boob for the rest of the night. I secretly don't mind usually cuz it gives me an excuse to lay around and do nothing but I'm sure this will get old eventually!

Re: Cluster feeding

• Options
    Mine cluster feeds sometimes. Our very first night together she did not give me longer than two 20 minute cat naps from 9pm to sunrise, eating eating eating all night. Nothing since has been quite that bad but I've been stranded on the couch for hours several times. It's great for your supply, but yeah... thank goodness for Netflix!
  • Options
    My little guy has had a few nights like this. I think normally cluster feeding coincides with a growth spurt. Hopefully it's a phase that passes soon!
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Our record is 7 hours! On the plus side, he slept a lot the next few days!

• Options
    This is us today. He is normally so chill and easy, but has been crying so much today. The only thing that calms him is the boob. Very abnormal for him, usually he is hungry every 3-5 hours. We've been at it on and off for almost 5 hours now. I was really worried he was sick, but maybe it's just a growth spurt?
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    We cluster after long naps... we have been at the tit every hour and a half to two hours or so which is unusual for her so far, she really has been a 3 hours on the dot kinda kid. She knocked out for 3 hours this afternoon at one point and I totally slept through it, but when she got up we were immobilized for 2 hours while she dozed/fed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD cluster feeds 6-10p almost daily
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We've had four to five hours of cluster feeding at night for the last 3-4 days. I've assumed it's a growth spurt, but wish it could happen during the day as opposed to night time.

• Options
    She is bad for cluster feeding during the day which is tough for my toddler who wants to be held and played with while I nurse.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LO cluster feeds in the evening and for the first time over night last night. It makes our evenings a bit long, but at least she usually waits until after I get DS into bed and she isn't fussy about it, just wants to be near the boob. DS was the same way but screamed the entire time he got off the boob...so I will take what DD does =).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS cluster feeds during the day. More so in the evenings. Every hour he's on the boob. He usually takes one side only too. During The night he's up every 2 hours lately.

• Options
    I don't think I've ever appreciated Netflix as much as I do now that I'm BFing!
  • Options
    Yikes, I thought it was bad that last night my DS got up every 90 minutes to feed ,and when he did he was super sleepy about it and it took 90 mins to feed him.  I have no idea what Id do if he was cluster feeding for 5+ hours a day.  You ladies are amazing.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"