Multiples

Reflux has arrived....

Oh goodie! So my nausea has finally subsided after 15 lovely weeks only to be replaced with reflux. I've read up on how to prevent it & how to treat it. But are there any tricks that worked for you ladies?! Tums are useless....I have Zantac as a last resort. Trying to eat small meals & stay elevated. Ugh....

Re: Reflux has arrived....

• Wishing35Wishing35 member
    edited September 2014
    I take Zantac twice a day and still have issues, reflux is the worst! Besides Zantac I try not to eat later or drink much after 7 at night. It doesn't seem to matter what foods I eat I could drink water and get it but if you notice some make it worse then try to avoid them especially at night. Oh and whatever you do don't try apple cider vinegar! Out of desperation I did and it was horrible!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! This really is the pits. I'm chewing gum right now and it's helping a bit....but I know that won't last. I keep trying to keep my eye on the prize, but I must admit, this pregnancy has been so rotten & it's not even half over yet. Yikes!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, reflux is the worst. I take Zantac and Tums and it still gets me. Doesn't matter what I eat, how small, or how often. My doctor said that if I start to feel like damage is being done she will put me on a prescription, but I keep holding out. If that "hairy baby" old wives tale is true I am going to give birth to wookies.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I took Zantac thru my first trimester, and was so happy to learn I could take Prilosec in my second trimester. I still have break thru heartburn occasionally and the reflux is not as bad (usually but sometimes suck).

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• My MFM initially gave me ranitidine (generic Zantac) once a day. Then I tried 2x a day.. Still bad so we changed to omeprazole (generic Prilosec) which helped immensely!!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Heartburn was my nemesis both my pgs.

Don't drink liquid on an empty stomach. It gets your stomach acid going without anything to weigh it down. Eat heavy food - I actually liked oatmeal, in the morning. Greek yogurt worked well too.

Don't take Tums within an hour or so of taking Zantac - it will decrease it's efficacy.

Sleep elevated.

Those were my big ones. I still threw up acid a few times a week. Fun times.

• I just took a Zantac! Time to eat! Marie Calendars chicken pot pie? Don't mind if I do!
  • Tums were a lifesaver for me- throughout the pregnancy they helped me so much!!! also use an extra pillow- it helps too

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tums would never work for me. Pepcid was my friend, though.

My heartburn was the worst at the end of the second trimester, but actually seems like it has gotten better. Maybe you will be lucky?

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My reflux has been very mild so this may not help you, but just thought I'd mentioned that I tried the Heartburn Tea from Earth Mama Angel Baby and felt some relief.  Worth a try!
  • ktibbits1 said:
    My reflux has been very mild so this may not help you, but just thought I'd mentioned that I tried the Heartburn Tea from Earth Mama Angel Baby and felt some relief.  Worth a try!

Great suggestion! I had been drinking the tea for nausea from this company.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"