TTC after 35
Options

BFP on FRER but not on Wondfo??

Hey ladies....I've posted a little on the TTC over 35 page, but I just got a BFP so I wanted to ask if any of you had this experience....

Seems like wondfo's are awesome at detecting hcg early.  This is my first month to use them.  But I'm getting BFP's on FRER, but basically a BFN on wondfo??  Here's the deal:

All last week, starting around 10-11 dpo, I was getting super faint lines after time limit on wondfo.  So I assumed evap.  But I mean, I got like 12 of them.  Then at 13 and 14dpo, the super faint evap was showing right at the 5 minute mark.  So at 14 dpo, I got a FRER and it's an obvious BFP, not even a squinter.  Not as dark as the control line, but started showing within 1 minute and at 3 minutes, a nice respectful line was there.  So, today is 15 dpo and AF is due.  Nothing so far - but it's only 9:50am.  Anyway, did another FRER and got the same result as yesterday (within a minute and line looks maybe a tad more solid, but not necessarily darker).  So I took another wondfo, and same thing!  Super faint line right at 5 minutes.  I'm certain most people would say negative or evap on the wondfo alone, but there's no denying the FRER.  Has anyone else had super faint bfps on wondfo, but great FRER?  And did it turn out to be OK?  I'm coming off 4 losses in a row....

Re: BFP on FRER but not on Wondfo??

• Options
    And now it's looking like I may have posted this in the TTC page and not in the grads thread??  If so, I'm SO SORRY - I didn't warn anyone or anything.  I assumed it was in the grad thread. 
  • Options
    I think if the FRER is positive, I'd go by that.  When I got pregnant before, I had a positive on a Wondfo, so took a digital to confirm, but I think if you get a positive on a FRER, I'd consider yourself pregnant!  Congrats and Good Luck!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would agree with PP - if the FRER is BFP, I'd go with it.  If you're still not sure, call your OB or RE for a blood test to confirm.  Congratulations and best wishes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think you have a BFP, CONGRATS!!

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    Sounds like you are Pregnant to me!  Congratulations.  I wish you well and hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.  lay the wondfo's down...
  • Options
    Agree with PP - sounds like you are KFU! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    I'd say you've got yourself a BFP. Congrats!
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Congrats

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Thank you all.  For prosperity I must update....

That ended up being my 5th loss in a row now.  I'm getting past it now and am gearing up to O again soon.  I have little faith left, but not so little I give up.

The wondfo's never darkened, but my FRER looked gorgeous for about 4 days. 
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  Don't give up. 
  • Options
    <3
    TTC#1, I'm 37, DH 36 | Just started trying Sept 2014
    Going in for first RE appt. in October...Preparing for good or bad news. 
    Trying to be chill about the process...and not get too intense about it all. 
    It's hard to be chill. 

• Options

So sorry to hear. :(

Hugs.

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So sorry for your loss.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    Sorry for your loss :(
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    sorry to hear. :(

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"