Late Term and Child Loss
Options

I knew this would come... ***rainbow baby mentioned****

The last couple of days have been emotionally difficult for me. I have tried to hold back the tears and not think about losing Emily, but I can't. Who am i fooling,? I can't just forget. I have cried the last two nights. I have held my new baby closed my eyes and imagined she was Emily. I felt her arm and imagined I was feeling Emily's arm. I am extremely grateful and happy for our baby but I am also so so sad .

What kind of day are you having?

Re: I knew this would come... ***rainbow baby mentioned****

• Options
    First, congratulations on the arrival of your rainbow! Secondly, ((((BIG HUGS)))) I know holding your rainbow can be a sea of mixed, bittersweet emotions. My advice would be to not hold it in. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to talk about Emily, talk about her. The whole AL journey is hard and that includes PAL. Some days will be easier than others, but on those hard days don't hesitate to express how you are feeling.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    ((Hugs)). I can only imagine how hard that would be. Just let it all out. Big ((hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mmsweeney1mmsweeney1 member
    edited September 2014
    Sometimes it feels like loving one baby betrays the other, doesn't it? I had some hard moments after our new baby arrived as well. I even confused the two babies at times and the first was a boy and now we have a girl! I think it just takes time to adjust and wrap your mind around everything you've been through. I finally was able to remind myself not to miss out on loving every second with this baby, otherwise it's almost like losing both. (I hope that makes sense!)

Try to be patient with yourself and go hug your sweet baby!

eta: I agree with @princezjk‌ to talk about Emily if you need to. I felt like a new baby made everyone forget about our son. I found myself bringing him up a lot more to remind people that we had another child too.

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    Congratulations on your rainbow! I agree with the other ladies, don't hold it in! I would even talk to your rainbow about Emily, read the "Someone came before you" book to her, order a Molly bear, the whole nine yards. You don't have to choose to love only one child. Love them both. I'll be thinking of you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I can only imagine how hard it must be. I think you should cry and feel whatever it is that comes up. You love both of your girls so much and will continue to love them both. ((hugs))
  • Options
    Ticker warning, rainbow mentioned

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time.  I sometimes feel like I am not allowed to miss my angel because I have my rainbow.  I feel guilty for loving my rainbow, and I feel guilty for missing my angel because I have my rainbow.

When our rainbow was first born (also Emily) it was hard for me to see her with that name.  I never told anyone this, but she looked more like a Kayla to me (our angel).  Kayla was born at 22 weeks and was born sleeping, so it's hard to compare but she and her sister share the same delicate facial features, and I catch myself staring at Emily all the time, wondering what Kayla would have looked like at this age, wondering how similar they would have looked.

I also said all the time when I was pregnant with Emily that no matter how much I love her, I would never be happy that we lost Kayla due to the fact that Emily could not be here had Kayla survived (Emily was conceived one month before Kayla was supposed to be due).  But now that she's here, I cannot fathom my life without her, and that also makes me feel guilty, as though things worked out.  But in reality I would love to have both my girls here with me.  Big hugs to you!
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    jonahsmajonahsma member
    edited October 2014

Thank you @princezjk

I knew that as soon as  I had the baby I was going to be an emotional mess, I think a lot of it has to do with Emily's first angelversary coming up. Everything that I have been bottling up is starting to spill over. it feels like a repeat of what I was feeling last year. thanks for the support,\.

Sometimes it feels like loving one baby betrays the other, doesn't it? I had some hard moments after our new baby arrived as well. I even confused the two babies at times and the first was a boy and now we have a girl! I think it just takes time to adjust and wrap your mind around everything you've been through. I finally was able to remind myself not to miss out on loving every second with this baby, otherwise it's almost like losing both

***THIS
    More than a handful of times I have had to stop myself from calling Mia Emily. It stops me in my tracks everytime.

@lexusolsen Thank you.
    I have been wanting to buy that book a long with "We were going to have a baby but had an angel instead" (I think that's what it's called) I have been procrastiniating. I haven't really talked to my little ones about Emily. I think they are still too young to understand. dd is 2 and a half and ds just turned four. I want to talk to them about it though. Do you own any of these books?

chickinNH     
    We are all doing well, Thank you and big ((hugs)) to you and your tiny baby! 195 days are going to fly by and soon enough you will be holding your rainbow! ((hugs)) and thank you

Thank you for your beautiful words. I think I just have to go with the motions. I feel like I put my grieving on hold in a way and now it's creeping up on me. At night during Mia's nighttime feeding I sit under the sonogram picture of Emily and just hold my baby and cry. It all feels so raw. I think she has seen me cry more than dh! I love what you said about experiencing joy and grief at the same time. I will try to do it without feeling so guilty.((hugs)) to you!

angelsnight   EVERYTHING  you said is EXACTLY how I feel, EXACTLY. At times want to call Mia Emily and Im always wondering if Emily would have looked like Mia does.
    BTW I can't believe your baby is six months already!!! It seems like only yesterday you were announcing her arrival. ((hugs)) to you

• Options
    lexusolsenlexusolsen member
    edited October 2014
    We own we were going to have a baby but had an angel instead and something happened. I didn't like the second one as much and never read it to her. Dd gets it as much as someone her age can. It's hard. It's been almost seven months and she continues to ask questions. Her therapist said it was normal, that she's processing his death in pieces.

Dd was two and a half when ds died. And we told her from the beginning.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"