Postpartum Depression

zoloft side effects

Hello,

I started taking zoloft 3 months ago during my pregnancy due to severe anxiety and depression...and ocd. It is the worst that I have ever experienced. There wasn't much choice when it came to medications. I started at 25mg...then, 50mg, then 100mg. It was either making me worst or just not working at all. I since then have lowered my dose to 75mg. It's not great but not as bad. Was progress very gradual? What were your side effects? The doctor doesn't want to keep changing up the medications. Just wondering if I should just try and wean off. Did you have increased anxiety/depression? Did it make you feel depersonalized? Just want to know your experience so I can get a better idea of what's going on. 

Re: zoloft side effects

• If you're still experiencing severe symptoms even at high doses, it's not the right medication for you and you could probably benefit from trying something different. Are you seeing a psychiatrist or your PCP? If you're not seeing a psychiatrist I would really recommend it. Good luck.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Hi there... I responded to you in another post regarding Zoloft side effects.  I have to agree with PP that if you're not feeling better on such a high dose, this may not be the right medication for you.  Are you seeing a family practitioner or a psychiatrist?  Psychiatrists are much better at these types of meds but it's still not a perfect science.  You have to be the one to advocate what you need.  If something isn't working for you, or if something doesn't feel right, you have to speak up and make them listen to you.  Years ago, one of the meds my dr had me try made me throw up.  I told him and his response was that that wasn't a side effect of my med.  I insisted that the meds was causing me to vomit.  Now, nausea and vomiting are two of the first side effects listed.  I would insist that your doctor make a change if you're still feeling symptoms.  GL.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't wean off without the assistance of a doctor....but I have to say, when I started it, I felt in a "fog" during the first few weeks. I definitely felt some depersonalization from situations... I've been on it a few years now and I no longer feel like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"