April 2014 Moms
Options

My baby is scared when...

We open trash bags. He immediately starts crying when we change the trash and shake open the new bag. He also just started crying when I vacuum or blow dry my hair. It is sad but kinda cute too. What is your LO afraid of?

Re: My baby is scared when...

• Options
    My baby is afraid of DH sneezing.

Admittedly, DH's sneezes are pretty epic.  He's a serial sneezer and goes 7-12 times in a row.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LO is afraid of baths. The water makes her scream and cry.

image  mean_girls_35345

DD1- 2009, M/C- 2011, M/C- 2012, DD2- 2012, DD3- 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    He is pretty chill but every now and then my LO is afraid when the dogs go crazy barking inside.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Stern voices and she really dislikes when my DH doesn't shave- not sure if she is scared or hates how it feels
  • Options
    We learned today that DS is freaked out by DH blowing his nose. Weirdo.
  • Options
    Sneezes. Sometimes really loud women in his face while he's in the car seat get him too.
  • Options
    When a bunch of people laugh at one time!
  • Options
    When DH zerberts her belly

When I pull back the shower curtain. The rings make a screeching noise against the rod and she hates it. I try to remember to open the curtain before I bring her in.

• Options
    I haven't really noticed anything that spooks LO on a regular basis. He doesn't mind the vacuum, blow dryer, toilet flushing...

With that being said, one time the smoke detector went off and he lost it. I think it's because the high pitch hurt his ears more than it scared him.
  • Options
    If we yell at the dogs, she starts to cry. She doesn't mind them barking, but we definitely do!
  • Options
    When people try to get her to smile.
  • Options

If we yell at the dogs, she starts to cry. She doesn't mind them barking, but we definitely do!

DD doesn't mind our dog barking at all! Today she slept right through it, I was pretty annoyed by it though.
  • Options
    LO startles whenever anyone coughs.  I blame week 33 when I was horribly sick with bronchitis.
  • Options
    Oh, and the bathtub running.  He's fine with everything else.
  • Options
    lcr23 said:

DD doesn't mind our dog barking at all! Today she slept right through it, I was pretty annoyed by it though.
    LO doesn't mind our dog barking either! He'll sleep right through it, and the neighbour dogs' barking as well. We joke that LO's first word is going to be our dog's name since we yell it so much!
  • Options
    The bathroom sink running when one of us has her in there. MIL bathes her in the sink when she's over there, and apparently she's started hating baths, so now when a sink is on she goes all cat-mode. X.x;;

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    She's pretty chill but freaked out this morning when my husbands fire pager went off and I was nursing her in our bed. Full panic with huge eyes and pouting lip which becomes a full wail :(
  • Options
    The blender. Oh and whistles? At church they were doing this thing to promote Upward Basketball program and all the coaches blew their whistles and she freaked.
  • Options
    Daddy's beard trimmer. So much for using it to clean up the long stragglers becoming a baby mullet and around his ears.
  • Options
    My first thought was how my dog is terrifed of trash bags too (and when I fold laundry he runs and hides). DD laughs when my loud dogs bark, doesn't bother her at all.

But, we took her to a local HS football game last night and she was NOT happy with all the cheering! I had to take her for a walk away from the noise to calm her. When I brought her back happy, the noise started in again and also did the wailing. It was an early night.
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Options

Strangers in his face. I'm not sure where these people were raised, but I was always told to stay out of people's personal space, including babies. You don't need to be 1 inch from his face, he can see you just fine if you stand back here with me. See, oh look...he's smiling because he can see me...from way back here. Try it with me now.

And kids that are grabby. I've said it a few times now, don't touch his face, he doesnt like his face touched, stay out of his face. It's like I'm a broken record. And the sad part, the mom is sitting right there doing nothing. So now I make it a point to say it with a stern voice.

My niece does this. ^ I'm like..her parent aka my sister should be a parent and tell her to stop...not me. I don't like getting onto other people's kids anyway.
  • Options
    When she is half asleep and I put her down, sometimes she opened her eyes, gets a really scared look on her face, shakes her baby fists and starts to cry.
  • Options
    My MIL - for some reason she burts into tears when she sees her. Loves FIL though.

Oh and pop cans - she doesn't cry but she startles anytime someone opens a pop can, even if she is asleep.
  • Options
    When DH sneezes.  Or if he laughs really loud.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Samesies with shaking out a new trash bag. Also, when using the ice maker. It seems to be the more abrupt noises. Ironically, I use the vacuum & hair dryer to soothe. Doesn't always work and seems to be less successful as of late, but I've grown quite accustomed to turning on the vacuum to induce nap time. I only do it if he's fighting sleep and already fussing/crying. It's almost guaranteed to stop the crying, even if just for a few moments. It's like it stuns/startles him quiet. Also, it's easier on me to drown out some of the fuss and in the meantime my carpeting and floors are getting the VIP treatment.

Off BC since 9/10;TTC since 7/11
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    DX: PCOS/anovulatory/Hypothyroid
    SA: normal
    HSG: all clear
    5 cycles of Clomid/Femara + TI
    IUI #1 (7/16/12) Femara 2.5,+ Trigger=BFN
    Treatment break Aug. 2012-June 2013
    IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    Beta #2 @ 19dpiui--2,550!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    DS is terrified of the vacuum but laughs at the dog barking. Crazy boy!

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    Blender, vacuum and public toilets flushing.

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

Blender, vacuum and public toilets flushing.

Good to see you around! :) And mine is afraid of hand dryers.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    @elyse4281‌ here two DH blows his nose and sounds like a freaking elephant

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    He cries when I cough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards