November 2013 Moms
Options

Former Lurker, Intro

I just commented on the Hey Lurkers thread. I thought I would give more detail. I gave birth on 11/18 to a baby girl. My husband and my baby girl mean the world to me. Her birth was pretty normal, just longer than I expected (about 24 hrs of labor). The main issues I dealt with came right after - mastitis, abscesses and MRSA infections in two different places. 

Some of the normal baby things that we have dealt with in the last 10 months include: day care sickness (hand, foot & mouth disease, impetigo, various colds, etc), constant spit up, food aversions and sleep issues. We are now working on trying to get her to sleep through the night and to cut back on bottle feeding at night. She is reliant on the bottle to soothe herself back to sleep (totally our fault).

I am pregnant with my second baby girl. She is due in early December. My husband and I say that he was in charge of birth control after we had our first, so of course this is the result! After some initial shock, I could not be happier and I cannot wait to meet my next little one.

I will try to contribute when I can. Dealing with the 3rd trimester of this pregnancy, work and spending time with my baby girl keeps me pretty busy. Thanks for letting me be a part of the group!

Re: Former Lurker, Intro

• Options
    Hi! Two baby girls so close together will be so much fun!!! Congrats and welcome :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on # 2!  
  • Options
    @2013JEM Congrats on your baby to be! I hope you have a healthy pregnancy as well.

@mamasoup030 I have not heard of that many people with the MRSA/abscess issues. I always tried google for advice, but I rarely found anything. I had it in my breast and on my hip. Unfortunately, there is still a scar on my hip from it. Having the abscesses drained was one of the most painful things. I hope everything has healed up for you and breastfeeding (if you choose to do it) goes a lot smoother next time! Congrats on your twins - that is so exciting! My husband is an enthusiastic fan! I actually enjoy baseball (the Giants, in particular) more than he does, but he got the invite from my Dad, not me (not bitter at all ;)

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

• Options
    Hello and welcome! Congratulations on baby # 2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"