Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How to complete potty independence

Hi all!

My daughter is pretty well potty trained. She goes pee and poop in the potty during the day. The only thing she still isn't doing by herself is pulling down her pants and pulling them back up by herself. She doesn't seem that interested in it. When she tries she tells me she can't do it or she just refuses to try. She is just turning 3 so she isn't going to start preschool by next year, so I have some time to work on it. Is there any suggestions you can give me? I am thrilled that she tells me when she has to go and is going in the potty. I am not sure how to bring it to the next level of independence when she isn't too interested in it. I don't know if it is just a "comes with time" thing or if she is just being lazy.
After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
image"Lilypie">

Re: How to complete potty independence

• Options
    Thanks so much! I like that idea! We're definitely going to give getting dressed outside of potty time a try.
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    My daughter pulls that card sometimes too if she is tired. Are the pants shes wearing pretty easy to pull up? I keep her in basically leggings most of the time so its easier for her. Have you tried bribery? If she is balking i will offer "one m&m for potty and one for pulling up your pants"; usually does the trick! GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG ...seriously...not until my daughter was like 6 did she EVER like to go potty by herself!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I am just trying to get her ready for preschool as she has to be potty trained by then and I am not sure how much "help" they will give in that area.
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    Lots of great ideas in the thread! Thanks @margaritachikita for the 'bribing' idea! I am not a fan of M&Ms but I will try to come up with another reward :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"