TTC after 35
Options

Fabulous 40's Friday check-in (9/26)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Fabulous 40's Friday check-in (9/26)

• Options
  • Options
    kelley72kelley72 member
    edited September 2014

@JimBobCooter   Best wishes for all to go beautifully during and after transfer!!!

NAME/SCREEN NAME & LOCATION   Kelley in Georgia

TTC#_6____  since ____April_____

CYCLE DAY  15dpo no blood yet, but temp drop should see flow today

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CYCLE? (natural, meds, IVF, special tricks, etc)

HOW ARE YOU FEELING? meh... crampy/bloated, yucky

QOTW: Because I got out of bed this morning at 5:20 for who knows what good reason......   What time do you normally, get up?   Do you have a morning routine or do you jump up and run right out the door?  Weekdays up at 6am out of the house by 6:40 at the latest, typically 6:30ish. Quick coffee, dress, smear make-up on, brush hair, go.  I am quick to dress I shower before bed to save time

Weekends, sleep as late as lo will allow!  Coffee, moment of prayer and playtime before weekend chores stary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    V 2014 from va
    #3 for me and #1 for him 1st cycle after 9 month break
    Cd1.. for real this time and finally! Should have been and thought it was last Monday but glad to finally get this show on the road.
    Newlyweds so busy making sure there is plenty of opportunity this month. ;)
    Qotw: between 540 and 6. Take dh to commute and then to work myself. Definitely do as little as possible before that. On weekends between 8 and 10... that's catch up time, I love my sleep. Then breakfast together. Sometimes a little TV then whatever the day asks.
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

Sian from SE PA

TTC#1 since beginning of the year

CD #16

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CYCLE? IVF#1

HOW ARE YOU FEELING? Fed up but trying to keep my spirits up.  My RE is supportive of following this IVF through to the end, even with only 1.5 follicles; but one of the other REs did my u/s this morning and isn't as supportive.  I get that this is a real long shot, but I feel that if I don't follow it through I'll always wonder "what-if".

QOTW: Normally I get up around 6:00, and leave about 7:00.  However, this sucky week I have been up by 5:00 to get to my monitoring appointments by 7:00, to get to work by 8:00.

I'm adding in a vent section right now, because I am seriously frustrated.  Just got the follow up call from this morning's monitoring appointment.  I'm getting pushed back another day for the retrieval.  I should be happy because I think my RE is giving the 2nd egg a chance to mature, but I'm sick of having to go back to the pharmacy to get more meds.  I've been there 3-4 times this week (2x yesterday).  And because I'm going to the Phillies game tonight I brought the HCG trigger shot, with me and not my folllistim pen - so I have to go back home to get that.  BTW - home is 1/2 hour the opposite way from Philly. A Sunday retrieval was perfect for us, now with it being Monday, we have to cancel all of our morning patient appointments and get me a sub in the office for the afternoon.  Okay - thanks for letting me vent!

Me: 43, DOR   FI: 44, SA normal
    TTC Since Nov 2013

01/2014: Meeting with RE to discuss options
    02/2014: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    03/2014: on the bench
    05/2014: meeting with RE to discuss Donor IVF options
    09/2014 - IVF#1 - converted to IUI - BFN

• Options
    And to add - all my issues are nothing compared to what @JimBobCooter has been going through.  So I'm packing all my negative thoughts away right now and sending out all positive ones to you for an awesome transfer tomorrow!!!

TTC Since Nov 2013

• Options
    I can't imagine all you are both going through @SillySally24 and @JimBobCooter !  Just know both of you have my thoughts!
  • Options
    Davie813Davie813 member
    edited September 2014

@JimBobCooter, I'm sorry about your week.  That sounds hellish!  Very best of luck tomorrow--we'll all be thinking about you!

@Kelley72, I'm sorry about impending AF and not feeling good.  I hope you have a good weekend anyway.

@vh2014, Yay for getting started!  Good luck!

NAME/SCREEN NAME & LOCATION   Davie813, Chicago

TTC#_2____  since ____January____

CYCLE DAY  8 dpo.  (I guess.  FF was saying nine, but after consultation with RE yesterday, I overrode it to correlate with timing of trigger shot.)

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CYCLE? (natural, meds, IVF, special tricks, etc)

IUI #2 last week.

HOW ARE YOU FEELING? I really, really feel like I'm about to get my period.  The RE is optimistic about this cycle, but I'm just not.  No symptoms other than cramping here and there and twinges in my ovaries.

QOTW:

On weekdays I get up at 7:30 or whenever DD wakes up, whichever comes first.  I get myself (somewhat) ready, get DD ready, drop her off at daycare, and go to work, where I'm ashamed to admit I apply makeup and eat breakfast.

On weekends, everyone gets up when DD gets up (usually around 8).  We usually cook some kind of fun breakfast before heading out to do whatever. 

For the early risers, what time do you go to bed?  We're lucky (and it's not common) to be there by 11:00. :(

ETA: I'm sorry, but for some reason @sillysally24's comment wasn't displaying when I wrote this.  I'm sorry for all the hassle and really hope follicle #2 does its thing!

Also started messing around with the html to get rid of this weird giant font (can't change it the normal way), but decided I don't care that much.

*****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I don't know if I'm considered an early riser @Davie813 but I'm in bed 10:30 asleep by 11, a night or two a week I attempt to get to sleep by 10:30 but in never works out...
  • Options
    kelley72 said:
    I don't know if I'm considered an early riser @Davie813 but I'm in bed 10:30 asleep by 11, a night or two a week I attempt to get to sleep by 10:30 but in never works out...
    6:00 am is early in my book! :)

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Melissa from Long Island

TTC#__2__  since _February__

CD6

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CYCLE?
    Natural, heading to the OB/GYN Oct 14th to start trying to figure what's going on 

HOW ARE YOU FEELING?
    Finally over my cold (kicked by butt last week) but having a lot of annoying anger over injustices in the world and in my life. Friends at work don't believe me that I'm pissed off because my affect is always so mellow but it's really been a pissed off week.

QOTW: I get up at 5 or 5:30 work days. If I'm lucky, I sleep until 7 on the week. I must brag that I actually slept and (almost) uninterrupted 9 hours of sleep last night! First time in three years I had a long night sleep. I enjoy reading the newspaper while drinking coffee in the morning. It's usually the only "me time" I ever get.

• Options
    @JimBobCooter and @SillySally24: I'm sorry you two have had such hellish experiences this week. I just want to cry for you both. 

I am SO rooting for all of you ladies.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Well, got the frustrating news that I'm being converted to IUI this morning. The meds couldn't suppress my surge and now it's apparently too unpredictable to do IVF :((

TTC Since Nov 2013

• Options
    Oh @SillySally24 just read your update... so you did IUI?  ugh  I'm sorry it didn't work out.  I hope this unplanned turn of events works for you!
  • Options
    Well, got the frustrating news that I'm being converted to IUI this morning. The meds couldn't suppress my surge and now it's apparently too unpredictable to do IVF :((
    I'm sorry.  FX the IUI did the trick, though.  You never know!

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Thanks ladies...  I did do the IUI yesterday, FI had a fantastic specimen (thank you CoQ10 for upping his levels from good to amazing), so hopefully all his little swimmers are doing their job.  

TTC Since Nov 2013

• Options
    Argh, I'm late as usual. Here's my check in 

NAME/SCREEN NAME & LOCATION: lucyspeople/betsy and colorado

TTC#2 since - don't really have a started trying date; we just haven't used any protection since birth of LO#1. To say 14 months would be an exaggeration but yet not sure how to pick a date in between then and now. hmmm..... 

CYCLE DAY: n/a still waiting on PP period 

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CYCLE?: acupuncture, starting supplements too

HOW ARE YOU FEELING? Like I'm ready to get the show on the road! 

QOTW: We get up early! I'm usually up between 4:30-5:30, drink some coffee and go workout. LO has been getting up around then too, which sucks b/c that's "my time" for the day, and then SO and I end up negotiating who takes care of LO. But on the other hand he's super duper snuggly then so I secretly (or not so secretly) love it. 

@jimbobcooter - where in CO are you? I'm in denver area. FX for your little embies to snuggle in for a loong stay. 

@sillysally24 - best of luck. FX for you and the IUI. Big hugs for such a crappy week. 

• Options
    @lucyspeople  I'm usually late with stuff like this too... welcome to the club. LOL.  I completely get wanting to "get the show on the road"... felt like that all last week. Only time in my life I've ever actually looked forward to AF and she wouldn't come visit in a timely fashion.  Good Luck! 
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options

NAME/SCREEN NAME & LOCATION: pinotgirl, NJ

TTC# 2  since Sept 2013

CYCLE DAY 7 

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CYCLE? Non-medicated this time around. I think we're doing IVF either next cycle or the one after that. 

HOW ARE YOU FEELING? Meh. I'm disappointed Clomid didn't work and I took it pretty badly. I'm in a better mental state now that it's been a week since BFN, but I'm a little over the whole TTC thing!

QOTW: I get up at the last minute possible! Usually anywhere from 7-7:30 during the work week. I'm so not a morning person!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Momona1Momona1 member
    edited September 2014

Hello!

Would you add me please? I'm 41 and TTC for #1 with my new DH, 33. We're actually on hold right now after 2 cycles because he's in the UK and I'm in the US. Once I get my visa and move (hopefully 1st week of December), it's on like Donkey Kong. 

HOW ARE YOU FEELING? Good, but then I'm not TTC - need to lose weight and cut my caffeine intake. I have been taking pre-natals and counting calories every day. 

NAME/SCREEN NAME & LOCATION:  momona1 - Georgia

TTC#_1_  since __June 2014__

CYCLE DAY: N/A

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS CYCLE? (natural, meds, IVF, special tricks, etc) We are hoping for a natural PG, but I need to meet with an RE once I get to the UK and on the NHS. I started meditating again and listening to binaural beats that are supposed to focus on fertility. Other than that, I still only go to the gym occasionally, so I need to step up my exercise. 

QOTW: Because I got out of bed this morning at 5:20 for who knows what good reason......   What time do you normally, get up?   Do you have a morning routine or do you jump up and run right out the door? I usually get up between 4am-6am. I have already quit working in order to get ready to move overseas, so there is no schedule to which I adhere. Days are spent going through my belongings and dividing them into give away/sell/keep piles (mostly give away), running errands and Skyping with DH. I have gotten up this early ever since I was in the Army. Once it's trained into you, it never leaves. I put my feet on the floor, get dressed and start moving. 

• Options
    Momona1 - welcome to the over 40 club :)  I just stalked your profile and see you're moving to Wales. I have to ask what part of Wales, I have a lot of family over there...  So needless to say I'm extremely green with envy of you.... meant in the nicest way possible!

TTC Since Nov 2013

• Options
    SillySally24SillySally24 member
    edited September 2014
    @jimbobcooter - thank you.  All is crossed for you too :) 

@lucyspeople - thank you.  I have a sister in CO, she's in the Roaring Fork Valley...

TTC Since Nov 2013

• Options
    @jimbobcooter - I used to work in Centennial right near the Ikea. Was just down there today and had to fight traffic all the way home. So glad I'm not commuting anymore! Did you cycle at CCRM? I saw Dr. Surrey there years ago but have transferred to Dr. Konapalli at the Rose location. 
    Why does that both seem totally bizarre to ask and yet totally normal at the same time?!

@SillySally24 - I'd sell everything and move to the Roaring Fork Valley in a heartbeat. We just spent a weekend in Aspen for a friends wedding. It's so beautiful! 

• Options
    @lucyspeople‌ - you weren't at a wedding that was both at a church in Spanish and a Celtic outdoor wedding by any chance were you?

TTC Since Nov 2013

• Options
  • Options
    @JimBobCooter do you and your family like BBQ? If you spend any time in Parker, my husband absolutely loves Hickory House. We lived in Boulder and drove all the way out there before we moved so he could eat there one last time and buy a gallon of their sauce, which we carted across the entire country when we moved.

@lucyspeople my husband and I got married in Aspen and it was amazing! It's such a naturally beautiful place.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"