January 2015 Moms
Options

Shrinking Stomach Capacity?

FTM. Tomorrow will be 26 weeks. Recently I've noticed that I can't eat as much as I usually could. I get full SO fast. Of course, food is delicious and I want all of it but then I just feel nauseous. Is decreased stomach capacity a thing when you're pregnant?

Re: Shrinking Stomach Capacity?

• Options
    I'm the same way I am 24 weeks I get so hungry that I start eating and then after like 5 bites I am FULL. But then I am starving again in 10 mins. I hate it!
  • Options
    YES. I've never been good at the 5-6 small meals thing. I've always been more of a 1.5-2 larger meals per day kind of person. This is taking some getting used to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes. Your stomach is getting crushed along with everything else. 
    Eat less, more frequently - at the end I was basically eating all day :P
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • Options
    PPers have it right. Smaller stomach capacity, smaller bladder capacity, smaller lung capacity...dang babies taking up all the room...
  • Options
    It's a lovely side effect of pregnancy. Getting bigger and bigger just isn't enough, but we also seem to graze like cows by the end of it. Try to keep snacks with you (granola bars, nuts, pretzels, popcorn and of course water) it will help you to eat small amounts 5-6 times a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah, I had to stop after 1 piece of pizza tonight.  That's not normal!  (for me)
  • Options
    Cbeanz said:

Yeah, I had to stop after 1 piece of pizza tonight.  That's not normal!  (for me)

Me too! Peeing every 5 seconds and down to 1 slice of pizza. Not even into the 3rd trimester yet!
  • Options
    Yup, your uterus is taking over your entire abdominal cavity. All of your organs are going to be quite squished for these last weeks, which will result in a fuller feeling more often (for stomach and bladder!). Eventually, you'll likely feel like your ribs are going to burst because everything is shoved all the way up inside of them. Way fun, lemme tell ya! ;)
  • Options
    OH my goodness.  Last night we went out for my husband's birthday dinner.  We ordered a few happy hour sized appetizers to share before our food came out.  After sharing the appetizers and eating my dinner salad...I was stuffed.  I ended up packing my entire dinner in a to-go box!  Then made the horrible decision to have maybe 3 bites of cake when we got home...yes, literally 3 and I was uncomfortable all night and could barely sleep.  This stomach is definitely getting smushed by my little dude.

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"