June 2013 Moms
Options

Favourite Crockpot Recipes

I've decided I need to use my slow cooker more this winter. I put a batch of crockpot fajitas in this morning and it is such a liberating feeling to not be rushing home to get supper started, or worrying about dealing with a fussy toddler while I do it. What are some of your family's favourite recipes? Specifically, anything your kids really love? My husband is as picky as a kid and Madeline has recently stopped enjoying anything we eat. I haven't been making her a special meal (and don't plan to) but I would love to try out some new recipes that are kid-friendly but still adult-approved.
div style="text-align: center;">
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Favourite Crockpot Recipes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    all sounds fabulous. I could see meatballs being a hit with both Madeline and H, and is one we have never tried.

• Options
    @daffy2k said:

all sounds fabulous. I could see meatballs being a hit with both Madeline and H, and is one we have never tried.

It's seriously out of control good. And when you get tired of eating them (I serve with rice) you can crumble and wrap in a crescent roll with cheese (I did blue last time). Soooo good
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    I'll be adding it to my shopping list. We are going to the city tomorrow and I'll be swinging by Costco on my way home to stock up for the next month or two. I plan to prep some stuff in freezer bags for busy days and also for DH to make while Madeline and I are down east visiting family

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I use my slow cooker a lot. I love it!

I've gotten a lot of amazing recipes from this blog and her cookbook: https://crockpot365.blogspot.com/?m=1

One of my favorites is Chicken salsa and black bean soup: https://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/11/salsa-chicken-and-black-bean-soup.html?m=1

Another easy recipe is Italian Sausage and peppers: 1 lb of Italian sausage cut in slices, 1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained), 1 halved and sliced onion, 1 sliced green bell pepper, 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-6. Serve over rice.

Pork chops or chicken - 4 pork chops or chicken pieces and a bottle of BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 4 hours.

Teriyaki drumettes: 2lbs chicken drumettes, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon tequila, 3 minced garlic cloves. Cool on Low 6 hours or High 4 hours.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    I love crockpot carnitas - generously salt & pepper a pork butt, or pork shoulder (same thing, oddly enough), and toss it in the cp with about an inch of water or chicken stock, a coarsely chopped onion, and a coarsely chopped pepper of your desired spiciness.  I cook it on low for 6-8 hours and then put it in quesadillas, tacos, omelets, sandwiches, and basically everything else I can think of for the next few days.  It does come out a little...juicy, so you can toss in under the broiler to crisp it up a little if you don't want it sogging up your plate.

And I need to make this salsa chicken ASAP.  That sounds amazing!
  • Options
    We do a similar salsa chicken. Throw in chicken breasts, couple jars of your favorite salsa, one pack taco seasoning, and a good bit of lime juice. Shred chicken when done and it makes great tacos!
  • Options
    We do salsa chicken all the time. I do chicken breasts and a jar of salsa for 6-8 hours. If I am home, sometimes I put in some rice (like half a cup) when there's like 2 hours left. This helps bulk it up even more for a crowd.

I also put in a jar of rinsed black bean and half a bag of frozen corn after I shred the chicken and let that go on low for another half hour. So yummy!

Oh, and if I am using a chunkier salsa I usually add an extra half jar of water so it has enough liquid. It also freezes well after it's cooked. I did a bunh of this before LO was born and it was super easy to defrost and eat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lioness13lioness13 member
    edited September 2014
    Here is another one of my favorite recipes that you can easily prepare the night before and dump it in the crockpot in the morning.

*Take out the cooking oil & I don't add black beans
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Love all these ideas ladies! I'll start testing them with my critics ASAP, lol.

• Options
    I make salsa chicken like cricket does.  I also do chicken breasts, diced italian tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers (we eat that over rice).  I just got a recipe for pasta fagioli that I'm going to make this weekend.  I'll report back :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Thank you @kari5186‌ !!! I will be making that this week

• Options
    We are having Salsa chicken tonight, sounds like it's a hit since everyone has recommended it! We never got in to the city yesterday, so I'm still needing a Costco run to stock up my freezer to try a bunch of other recipes, but it will come.

• Options
    I really want to make chili today, but it's supposed to be sunny and 85. I'm ready for fall, Mother Nature!

• Options

@WasNotWas What are the quantities for the meatballs?  Like how much grape jelly and bbq sauce?  

Sorry for the delay, a small thing of BBQ sauce (I use the original sweet baby rays) and a small thing of grape jam (I use smuckers). The sweetness of the jam counters the kick of the BBQ so if you like spice you might want to overcompensate

• Options
    Love love love that idea!!!

• Options
    Had a minute so I went for it.

• Options
    kdc2007 said:
    should I start a favorite recipes thread? and do we want it sticky? (I would assume)

another vote for yes!

• Options
    @NaChelleBeck‌ - I store my taco, fajita and any other premixed seasonings in smaller airtight containers. I labeled them with permanent marker since it is something I have been doing for ages, I don't mind permanently assigning some Tupperware to them.

• Options
    Cricket81Cricket81 member
    edited October 2014
    I don't put the corn or beans in until the last half hour and I don't mix in the sour cream. We always use it as a taco, burrito, or quesadilla filling.
    Eta: @ChicagoChic82‌

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"