April 2015 Moms
Options

Shopping finally!

After a healthy scan on Tuesday and the fact I'll be 13 weeks on Saturday (due April 4th- Easter baby) we're finally able to start buying adorable (unisex!) baby clothes :D
My brother and sister in law bought us these gorgeous bits today <3
Anyone else started buying yet?

Re: Shopping finally!

• Options
    Haven't started buying yet, will wait until the holidays for the sales. I have started researching things like double strollers.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ah we don't have that here in the uk, will have to wait til Christmas
  • Options
    I plan on waiting until we know the sex. I have tons of boy stuff from DS so won't need much if this one is a boy too.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    EmmaSF said:

I plan on waiting until we know the sex. I have tons of boy stuff from DS so won't need much if this one is a boy too.

This exactly.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    k8knits said:

DH said absolutely no buying until we saw the baby on U/S. Now that we've seen it, he says no buying until we find out the sex, LOL! He did buy me a teething toy for my birthday though. We are calling the baby "Squirt" and he found a cute one that is shaped like the little turtle from Finding Nemo.

We are also calling the baby squirt! Hasn't even thought about the nemo connection though (,:
  • Options
    schwababschwabab member
    edited September 2014
    We call our baby shrimp because the shrimp emoji on iPhone looks like a small fetus. DH and I think it's hilarious.

Sorry, gross humor, not sorry.
  • Options

My mum got a crib, stroller, high chair, 6 baby gates, a walker and booster seats for $50 second hand. She's keeping them at her place.

All we have bought was one shirt each that states how awesome Mum or Dad is but we will control ourselves until we know the sex, although I'm pretty sure I already know (:

***** December Siggy Challenge *****

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Only purchase has been down payment on nursery registration to save our seat.
  • Options
    I haven't bought anything for the babe yet, but I can't stop buying prego things for myself.  I blame the change in seasons and my desire for new fall clothes, these just all happen to have an elastic waist.

I'm selfishly waiting for my baby shower because I have a massive family that will be buying things, and a tiny apartment to put it all in.  We'll be moving shortly after the baby is born, so I'll go shopping then and get anything that we might be needing at that point.
  • Options
    I really don't need anything if it's a girl so I'm waiting.
  • Options
    Just waiting until anatomy scan. Plus, if we have a shower later on, we'll get things there. And once we start telling more people (only told our in laws) i'm sure they'll randomly buy us stuff. We're on a budget and it's easy to get carried away. So i want to make sure the baby is 100% sticky!!
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Options
    I haven't bought anything but I've received two gifts: one is a baby book that makes farm animal noises and my BFF got me a set of socks/washcloths that looks like sushi since I can't have it yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    We have only bought some diapers and wipes. My mom bought us a pair of booties the day we found out I was pregnant from the Dollar General because it was the only place between her house and my dad's store where we were all spending that Saturday working. 
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • Options
    So far we've gotten our travel system, pack n play, and crib. All have been gifts from family members. I honestly don't think anything else will be bought for the baby until the shower.
  • Options
    We're for sure waiting for black Friday since we find out the sex a week before that. If it's a girl we all ready have a lot of stuff from our DD. But were hoping for a boy. (Above all else a healthy baby)
  • Options
    My girlfriends threw me an "end of 1st tri" celebration so I received some cute unisex gifts. We will wait until our detailed US to buy any more clothing but probably start investigating strollers soon :)
  • Options
    The only thing I have bought for this baby is a newborn cloth diaper and diaper cover. They were on clearance and were discontinued prints that I've wanted forever. I will probably wait until after the birth to buy much else. We are team green and have all the baby clothes from my other kids, but DD was a winter baby and DS a summer baby so I may have to fill in some season appropriate clothes.
  • Options
    I doubt we'll really buy anything until we know the sex. Seeing this is our second baby, there's a lot less to fuss about. However we do have some preliminary work to do on the nursery like new carpet and adding a door. (it's currently an open den).. so we'll focus on that stuff beforehand so we can move forward with decorating as soon as we find out!
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have bought one item so far, a UT baby blanket. I only bought it because it's kind of a good luck omen. I probably won't buy anything else until I know the sex.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

The only thing I have bought for this baby is a newborn cloth diaper and diaper cover. They were on clearance and were discontinued prints that I've wanted forever. I will probably wait until after the birth to buy much else. We are team green and have all the baby clothes from my other kids, but DD was a winter baby and DS a summer baby so I may have to fill in some season appropriate clothes.

This exactly! This is #3 for us and all I've bought are newborn size cloth diapers as well! We are team green and have 2 boys at home, so if this is another boy we don't need a thing, if it turns out to be a girl then I will buy stuff after she's here.
  • Options
    I told my MIL the crib I was interested (regardless of boy/girl) and the next week, it showed up at our doorstep, and she's been buying little things as she sees them! My dad is already asking which glider I want because he's claiming that. A friend has bought me a Virginia Tech onesie. The only thing we've bought are white onesies and gray Chuck Taylors for our photo shoot this weekend. I think because this is first grandbaby for both sides, they are bursting at the seams to buy things! 
  • Options
    EmmaSF said:

Exactly this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We traded in my Scion TC last night for a Ford Edge!!! I guess that is the biggest/major purchase for the baby!!! :)

We have a pack n play, toy storage thing, and a bumbo seat already (all 2nd hand, compliments of my mom). We will be picking up a crib next week and I think my mom found a changing table today. All are second hand and in great condition.

I have no problem with 2nd hand things - I just told my mom the only thing I want brand new is the car seat and stroller combo that I have found. I think DH wants that to be something that we purchase and pick out though.

BFP: 08.11.14   EDD: 04.11.15
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I havent bought anything yet but I've been looking at some things. I'm hoping this is another boy so we can reuse DS' baby clothes - he was an April baby as well. We will also be reusing things like his play yard, play mat, bouncer, high chair, etc. I definitely want to get an upholstered rocker/glider this time around, and we will need a double stroller and a new car seat. I've been checking out sales on these types of things but will more than likely wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday to purchase.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    picklesx said:

I havent bought anything yet but I've been looking at some things. I'm hoping this is another boy so we can reuse DS' baby clothes - he was an April baby as well. We will also be reusing things like his play yard, play mat, bouncer, high chair, etc. I definitely want to get an upholstered rocker/glider this time around, and we will need a double stroller and a new car seat. I've been checking out sales on these types of things but will more than likely wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday to purchase.

Snap! The in laws are already planning our baby related Christmas presents haha x
  • Options
    I just got a microfiber recliner for $80, the exact crib set I wanted (crib that has changing table and 3 drawers attached then converts to toddler bed and twin) for $200 and a practically brand new Graco rock n' sleeper for $20. Score!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I found out we are having a girl on Wednesday, so I went to a consignment sale today and scored a ton of cute clothes for 1/2 off. I figure if something happens, god forbid, I can always consign them back. It did make me a tad nervous buying so early, but I couldn't pass up the deals. ;)

Baby #1: EDD:  5/31/08   DD born sleeping due to severe preeclampsia at 22 weeks 1/26/08
    Baby #2: EDD:  4/28/09   DS#1
    Baby #3: EDD:  5/26/11   DS#2
    Baby #4  EDD:  4/1/2015 

• Options
    I have not purchased anything but a fetal doppler :) If it is a girl, I won't need a thing but if its a boy, oh boy is all I can say and that I will need almost everything hehe. I do want to slowly start buying diapers as they get so expensive sooo fast!

• Options
    I'm such a lazy shopper. I didn't buy anything for DD until weeks before she was born. Thank God for the baby shower. With this baby, I'm not getting anything until we know the sex, minimum, and maybe up until last minute. I am one of those who does not enjoy shopping, it's a chore!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I personally haven't started buying but my mom has a part time gig at the gap (for fun, she puts waaaay more money into the company than she gets out) and she has a whole collection going on for me. Also, back when I worked there I stocked up on some timeless pieces (and anything giraffe, can you tell I'm obsessed?) so I have a stock pile of my own.
  • Options
    Been buying all the sale spring summer stuff in both little boy and girl and when we find out we will just return whichever sex out bean isn't! Can't resist the $3/$5 onsies and outfits :/ whoops
  • Options

I don't know why, but I am so nervous to start buying things! We had our NT scan and everything looked good, and I'm in the second trimester now… I am just really struggling with believing that I am actually going to have a baby! 

Me too! I won't start buying until we know the sex at 17 weeks. I can't wait!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    TTC #1 since October 2013
    Married since September 2011
    Me and DH are both 29
    BFP 2/10/14 resulting in CP at 4w3d
    BFP 6/8/14 resulting in CP at 5w6d
    BFP 7/20/14 EDD: 4/2/15. It's a GIRL!
  • Options
    There was a huge baby/kid consignment sale at the convention center near us this weekend. Yesterday was half price day, so DH and I went and got some amazing stuff: a Boppy like new in the package with 2 covers, a Summer Infant By Your Side Sleeper, crib sheet, wall decals, washcloths and hooded towel, and a book all for $21! My sister got an extra bouncy seat from a friend and passed it on to us, too.
    BFP 8/8/14 - EDD 4/22/15

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"