September 2014 Moms
Options

Pubic Bone Pain After Birth???

I had my baby boy 1 week ago and I still have terrible pain in my pubic bone. His head is in the 99th percentile and pushing was difficult. I'm going to ask my doctor because I didn't experience this with my first 2 babies. Just curious if it was the norm for others. TIA!

Re: Pubic Bone Pain After Birth???

• Options
    I also experienced extreme public bone pain after birth and the cause was separation of the Pubic Symphisis - a problem many encountered before labor. I couldn't take a step out of my hospital bed. A physical therapist came to my room however and was able to make some alignment adjustments and helped ease the pain. Now I wear a belt and will go to physical therapy a couple times a week to keep my pelvis aligned while the ligaments re-tighten. My pain felt like a combo of super bruised and also broken. I also had sacroiliac pain during the entire pregnancy so this was just one more thing to add to the list.
  • Options
    I have it and had it after DD1. I had to see a chiropractor and plan on seeing one this time too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have it also..when I stand up and start walking I literally look 90 years because it hurts to walk and stand up
  • Options
    I have had it after all of my kids, with an increase in pain based on activity level. It sucks.
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"