July 2013 Moms
Options

Health/Fitness/Wellness Check In

Well.... I am a day late and a dollar short..... They have thrown me in head first into this new position!

Alright-- How has it been going? Share the good, bad and ugly.

What is keeping you motivated to keep going?

With the colder months coming, how does your exercise routines change? Any creative ways to stay active in the cold months?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Health/Fitness/Wellness Check In

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow @Stephyfaith! 15 pounds that is fantastic keep it up! It certainly does get harder when it starts to come off slower.

@econmama Getting up on your vacation, you go! Love Chicago food!

• Options
    I tend to slow down a lot in the winter months. I'm going to try to make it to the gym at least 3 times during the week and that's the only goal I'm setting for myself workout wise. I also tend to eat a lot of crappy and delicious comfort food in the winter. So, I really need to focus on eating healthier during the next couple of months.

@LauraB1016 I don't like to be outside in the winter so I can't even imagine running in 30 degree weather. Would it be worth it to you all to buy a treadmill or some other type of exercise equipment? 
  • Options
    @LauraB1016‌ I don't have time or money to get to a gym so I've been doing Daily Burn workouts. I do them during morning nap time and they have such a great variety that I'm not bored but am definitely challenged. :)
  • Options

@haddocky Our house is pretty tiny (and packed with stuff already) otherwise I would love to get a treadmill! DH seems to think it is some great idea that we can run into the cold months, while I say "o heck no!" I think I might actually get use out of the $10 planet fitness membership. Daycare opens @ 6:00a so I could ideally drop Allison off run to the gym and then even go home to get ready. Still trying to think out my plan of attack on that one.

@stephyfaith Daily burn workout? Is that a dvd workout or one that just has "daily challenges"? That sounds like it would be a great switch up.

@squirmworms Keep it up!! I have a lot of pre-baby clothes too that haven't seen the light of day since becoming pregnant! That is fantastic that you are still cutting out sweets! That takes a lot of will power!

• Options
    @LauraB1016‌ it's web-based workout programs. You can try it free for the first 30 days then it's $10 a month (so like a gym membership sort of). It has a bunch of different programs, some that are 15 mins to an hour, body weight, kickboxing, dance, yoga, tabbatta, cardio, etc. I stream it to my tv from my iPad through my Apple TV or you can stream videos on your laptop or phone... I've really enjoyed it so far.
  • Options
    @LauraB2010 I wish my gym membership was only $10.00! I mean I only pay $29.99 and that's because I was one of the first people to sign up when they opened. The membership has since gone up. 
  • Options
    @haddocky‌ planet fitness is making a big push in the Detroit area ( not sure if they are in other states) there whole campaign is on judge free zone, $10 commitment free. There is one pretty close to my house.

We had a gym membership once but failed to us it. So maybe second time is a charm!?!?

• Options
    Thanks @rmnam1 I'll try that :-)
  • Options
    I'm sorry @fabk my fitbit buddy who always kicks my ass!

But really, I am sorry even if I'm a little thankful that I might be able to almost catch ya now :)
  • Options
    @haddocky and @fabk  Both of you kick my butt every.stinking. day. 

If you have seen some of my other posts, I've been sick for almost 2 weeks. I finally went to the doctor.  So, I haven't worked out at all.  I did feel so much better yesterday, so I went for a run.  I was much slower than normal and I didn't go as far as I wanted to, but I needed to get something in.  I'm running a 5K in the morning.  My goal was to do it in under 30 minutes, but I don't think that will happen. :((
    Having more of my clothes fit definitely keeps me motivated.  I'm able to wear about 80% of my PP clothes, so that's nice.  

I want to keep running outside as long as I can stand the weather.  That might be a good excuse to buy some nice running gear though!
    :D
  • Options
    Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail

Sigh.

Maybe next week.
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    @haddocky you will kick my butt this weekend! Besides sick baby I can't findmy charger for my fitbit! :((
  • Options
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    karen0477karen0477 member
    edited September 2014
    Ugh, I'm a work out weight loss failure the past couple of weeks!! My weight isn't going up so that's a bonus.... Just finished my second week back to work and juggling that and the 3 kids, new daycare and new nanny , I have definitely been last priority!! Bitch bitch bitch, whine whine whine!!! Lol, back in track next week!!

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks @casey78! I tried it on Friday and it did make things easier. I still have to practice it to really get it down, but I think I'm on the right path to figuring it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"