December 2014 Moms
Options

Butt cramps?

My next appointment is in a week and I don't want to look like an idiot asking why my left buttox cramps up each time I get up off the floor and now it's become a pain when I'm cleaning house. Not a fun deal when you want to spend as much time as possible with your toddler before baby #2 comes! Is anyone else experiencing this? I've tried stretching, but it hasn't done much good.

Re: Butt cramps?

• Options
    Great intro.

Congrats and welcome.

If it's that's concerning just call your dr.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Novy6 said:

My next appointment is in a week and I don't want to look like an idiot asking why my left buttox cramps up each time I get up off the floor and now it's become a pain when I'm cleaning house. Not a fun deal when you want to spend as much time as possible with your toddler before baby #2 comes! Is anyone else experiencing this? I've tried stretching, but it hasn't done much good.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get butt cramps too and plan to ask at my next OB appt.  I'm thinking its sciatica, but we'll see what he says.  I look like an 80 year old woman when I get up off the floor though!  

For now, stretching really seems to help.  I get on my hands and knees and lean back and then stretch out my back as much as I can.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had THE WORST ass cramp in bed last night. Everything is stretching and pulling around your hips, so there is more stress on the nerves, ligaments, etc. I would just bring it up at the next appt unless it is so severe you can't function.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Some mornings I cramp from calf to ass. That'll wake you up!
  • Options
    I am seriously impressed that you ladies can sit on the floor and get up on your own. I am pretty sure it would take a fork lift to get me off the floor. I can barely put on my own pants!
  • Options
    Eora3 said:
    I am seriously impressed that you ladies can sit on the floor and get up on your own. I am pretty sure it would take a fork lift to get me off the floor. I can barely put on my own pants!
    Haha!  Trust me, it won't last much longer.  Poor DS is going to have start bringing his toys to mama while she sits in her easy chair if he wants to play instead of me getting down there with him.  Then I'll really be like an 80 year old :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same thing except my pain runs from My inner thigh to my butt and hurts the most around the vaginal area. I googled it and have talked to second time moms and I guess it's a normal pregnancy pain. I asked my doctor too and she said with leg cramps the only thing you need To watch out for is swelling otherwise normal. The pain makes me break down and cry and it hurts most at night when changing positions and getting up when sitting. It's almost debilitating, or at least I feel like it is, I turn into a big baby when pregnant.
  • Options
    There is some kind of pregnancy related disorder call public symphysis or something like that which the pain results from the area Near your pubic bone and shifting to prepare for birth and relaxin.
    https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/symphysis-pubic-dysfunction.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"