June 2013 Moms
Options

New Fall Show Review: Black-ish

It is shot beautifully. I'm really glad it wasn't Anthony Anderson in falsetto for 22 minutes.

Laurence Fishbourne is adorable, but super racist right?

I love the mean girls dream/imagination part. But I'm afraid the narrator thing will get old.

Is this our modern day Cosby show? Is it racist?
                                                              #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

Re: New Fall Show Review: Black-ish

• Options
    I've only seen the preview for this and I was wondering how this isn't causing more controversy for being racist. I really liked that show "outsourced" and it got cancelled for being racist and the concept was far more tame. I mean the title alone seems offensive, no?
    It's kind of like when dumb people say "white people problems" as if to imply socioeconomic status and race are synonymous. I find that really offensive.
    I am curious about the show because I love Laurence Fishbourne but I also can't believe he is old enough to play a grandpa! Holy heck I'm old!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @calikat80‌ I think the difference between this and outsourced was that they don't play on the stereotypes as the funny. The funny is funny for everyone with a racial slant. Outsourced was so over the top stereotypical they were caricatures not real people. That's why I compared it to the Cosby show. I feel like I know these people and this family.

But it's a very thin line.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kind of liked this show.  I thought it was funny, and I didn't find the social commentary to be racist.  I know people like this - really affluent black families, and there's always someone (usually in the family itself) who feels like they've lost touch with their culture.

• Options
    I watched it and cracked up. I'm black and can relate on a number of levels. I think it needs a lot more development to be the Cosby Show of our time. I think Modern Family has that title. I'm looking forward to seeing that development. I love Lawrence, Anthony and Tracee too. They are a good fit for their roles and I will enjoy watching them.

I'm kind of sad Anthony's last show got cancelled. I can't remember the name of it but it was good.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"