September 2012 Moms
Options

My 11th hour Mommy intuition kicked in

amandad715amandad715 member
edited September 2014 in September 2012 Moms
I had an epiphany about a day before our ultrasound about this. And despite the fact that this pregnancy has been completely different (aka uber pukey still at 23 weeks) AND going against both the scientifically proven "string test" AND the Chinese Gender Chart, Baby Tres is a BOY!
Holy good gracious I'm going to be way outnumbered.
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My 11th hour Mommy intuition kicked in

• Options
    Congratulations!! They will be so protective of their mama! :)
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dream would be village of boys. Congratulations!

• Options
    So exciting!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  You might be out numbered but those boys will always love their mommy :)

Plus you can be the queen of the castle!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    Congrats!!  At least you already know what you're getting into!  :)  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Congrats!

• Options
    Congratulations!!!  :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Oh how awesome! Congrats!

• Options
    Congrats! Your boys are going to have so much fun together.

• Options
    Congratulations! My H has five brothers and they have so many great stories about growing up and playing together. You will have a blast!
  • Options
    Congrats! 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Congrats!  How exciting!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!! I wanted all boys before I had my first, but I'm happy with just the one. Football Sundays include a lot more pink than I originally planned on. Super excited for you!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    Congratulations!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Congrats!  They're going to have so much fun together, and it'll be awesome to have three big boys looking out for you.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Thx everyone for the well wishes and congrats. Sorry this is long! FFSC-a truthful follow up to my FFFC from a few weeks ago.
    The past few months I was confident that this baby was a girl. Like we had two boys, now we'll have a girl to complete our family. All the sickness and just my wanting the boys to have a sister was powerful enough to convince myself. I literally never, ever thought I wouldn't have a daughter. But as we got closer to the ultrasound, the "it's a boy. I just know it" feelings took over. Deep down I was letting the thoughts of a having daughter slowly fade. Every time I thought about it, it was almost like my head was now convincing my heart to let the idea of a girl go. And if it happened to BE a girl, then I would be surprised.
    At the ultrasound, I was very calm and told the tech we wanted her to write it down so we could open it at home. I was worried if we found out there that I wouldn't take it well. It ended up I had to have a dr come in to do a transvaginal ultrasound in additional to the regular A/S. He was checking on my placenta which is anterior and my csection scar. It's something they are going to keep checking on throughout the rest of this pregnancy. With that being said, my emotions about the sex were pushed aside with the nervousness that something was wrong with me. I thought I saw "something" on the screen but couldn't be sure.
    When we for home and after the boys went to sleep, I still wasn't ready. The following night we opened the envelope. I'm not going to lie, I cried. A lot. The ugly cry. I cried over things I'll never get to experience (bows, pigtails, ballet shoes, mother-daughter bonding, watching DH walk down the aisle). At that point, it was letting go of 30-some years of being a Mom to a little girl.
    It's taken a few weeks to get used to it. And telling people has proven difficult. I could tell my mom was disappointed just by her voice and that was hard to hear. My MIL was over-the-top-excited which was not where I was at the time and that made me uncomfortable. It's hard to explain. My BFF "got it" as she is a mom of 2 boys who has sisters and nieces.
    I know I love him so much and this sadness and will be a something that passes and will be just a blip from this pregnancy. Now we just have to figure out a name.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You are going to have so much fun! I wanted a boy really badly when I was pregnant with DD. In my head I just wasn't "a girl mom." It took a few days and some tears to adjust, but ultimately I was thrilled to have a girl and wouldn't have had it any other way. In the end you don't need sons, you don't need daughters; you just need your children, whatever they may be. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amandad715 Just came back to read this.  I remember you mentioning you really wanted a girl.  Hugs to you.  I agree with what other said, you are allowed to feel sadness and disappointment.  I'm glad you have someone in your real life who understands and can support you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"