School-Aged Children
Options

TV shows for 5/6 YO

What are some recommendations for good TV shows for almost 6 YO? DD gets an hour of TV a day. and truthfully I do not watch with her. I use TV to occupy her while I put the baby to bed or make dinner. So I need the show to be good quality. She seems to have outgrown jake and the neverland Pirates, octonauts. Are there good PBS shows for her age range? She loves animals so any animal shows would be a hit. she recently watched pound puppies on netflix. we have Amazon prime and Netflix. 

TIA for any ideas!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TV shows for 5/6 YO

• Options
    PBS shows my kids liked at that age:  Arthur, Cyberchase

Awesome nature videos in our video library:  The Kratt Brothers: Be The Creature, Planet Earth, Prehistoric Planet
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    DS is 6.5 and likes Wild Kratts on PBS and Bearenstein Bears on Sprout.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is into Peppa Pig lately; I have no idea why and I think that show is weird, but whatever.  She also likes the Sprout Good Night show which cycles through some different shorts of Berenstein Bears, Thomas, Caillou (ugh) and others.  And she still likes Sesame Street, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD likes Magic School Bus and Wild Kratts--both on Netflix.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Options
    I second walking with dinosaurs! DS loves it! We also watch Arthur, Magic School Bus, Wild Kratts and believe it or not DS loves Chopped on food network.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Prehistoric Planet is the video from the Walking With Dinosaurs show re-done for kids.  The footage is a little less graphic and the info is kid-friendly.  Ben Stiller narrates it, and he's pretty funny.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Another vote for Wild Kratts. My kids also really like Justin Time on Netflix.
  • Options
    My DS loves Wild Kratts and How it's Made.
  • Options
    I second walking with dinosaurs! DS loves it! We also watch Arthur, Magic School Bus, Wild Kratts and believe it or not DS loves Chopped on food network.
    Mine also loves Chopped! He gets so upset when the women get chopped. lol
    He's turning into a pint-sized food encyclopedia. Now, if only he'd eat any of it.

For kids shows, he likes Magic Schoolbus and the Lego Friends show on Netflix, though it apparently only has three episodes.
  • Options
    My just turned 7 year-old loves the PBS afternoon line-up:  Martha Speaks, Wild Kratts, and Arthur (particularly Arthur).
  • Options
    My daughter loves Reading Rainbow, Wild Kratts, Cyberchase, Word Girl, Arthur and the Berenstein Bears.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

We got rid of cable and since then my DS (6) isn't super into what's on TV, but when he does watch TV he likes Wild Kratts, Martha Speaks, and Peg + Cat on PBS

Us: Me (27) Hubby (27) Married since 7/24/10

BFP #1: 10/30/2007    DS born 06/20/2008

BFP#2 09/11/2014      DD born 05/01/2015

• Options
    OMG< the cooking show thing is so funny! My kids LOVE "Pioneer Woman." They like the combo of cooking plus farm animals plus kids. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My DS at that age loved Wild Kratts, Martha Speaks and a couple of shows that no longer come on (The Upside Down Show and Pocoyo).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"