June 2013 Moms
Options

Daycare naps

N started daycare this week.  And so far she has barely napped any day she's been there, and it's taking her forever to go to sleep.  I know it's a very different atmosphere for naps - she's used to a quiet, dark space all to herself, and daycare is not quiet, dark, or all to herself. 

Basically I need reassurance that she WILL actually figure it out!  She used to nap about 2-3 hours a day between two naps, and since she started daycare she's only been napping 30-45 min for one nap, and is a HUGE MESS when she gets home.  How long before she figures out how to nap there???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare naps

• Options
    Yup, been there!  It took him a few weeks when he started (at 12 weeks old) to nap a little longer.  Now?  He's in the toddler room where they sleep on mats and not everyone sleeps and his ass conks out for 2-2.5 hours a day.  It'll come but it's hell until it does :(
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    KJ still won't nap longer than 30 minutes. They told me that all the kids will be asleep and she will be up talking and singing to herself. She is crazy when I pick her up. At first I would let her sleep in the car but now she won't so we just deal the best we can.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went through that too in the beginning. Took A a week or two to adjust and we just had to wait it out. Now she sleeps 2.5 hrs there and they have to wake her up or she'd keep sleeping...if only she could sleep like that at nighttime
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"