October 2012 Moms

Weight loss check in

Rachelilly23Rachelilly23 member
edited September 2014 in October 2012 Moms
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Weight loss check in

• I'm back in weight loss mode after a really awful AF and stuffing my face on junk at my parents. Luckily I only gained a few lbs that I am taking off easily, but it's time to really buckle down. Only 3 weeks until H comes home and I really wanted to be in 140-land before that. Original goal was 137 but there's no way I can make that happen in 3 weeks. Eventually though...

• Planning a wedding and a birthday party has put a huge damper on the whole eating right thing. I feel like a stuffed sausage. :( I walk with Alice to the park every day but its not enough.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been on the boards much but I'm struggling with this. I'll eat pretty well but won't have time to work out or I'll do the opposite.

What is everyone else doing?

• I use myfitnesspal and I think my SIL invited me to a challenge years ago.

• @NeedUtonite‌ I did use it, but never got into the competition options.

Oct Angel Babies
  • So I ate really well today until about half hour ago. I decided leftover mac and cheese, teddy grahams, and half a Belgian waffle was a good way to go. Wtf is wrong with me?!?!

• Ugh I should really loose my chub. Work just got us free passes to a local gym. Guess there is no time like the present.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• I started one of the 30 day ab challenges from pintrest im on day 3 and my stomach muscles hurt. Hoping to make it all 30 days this time. I always quite after the first rest day. I don't know why either

• I want to do the challenge! Maybe it will motivate me. I hate dieting so much.
  • I'm interested!

• I'll join as well. Maybe it will help keep my motivated! :)

• I'm in, ladies!

• P.S. Sorry I never responded @NeedUtonite. I went to bed. We'll just go with the skinnyo thing!

• I'm in!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I'm in send me details please

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @NeedUtonite‌ i just tried and it says I don't have an account

• @NeedUtonite‌ i also tried tge link you sent and it says not found

• I did try to resign up and it said that there was already an account with my email but when I try the forgot password link it says no account for the email address. It is really weird. Glad im not the only one it did that too. :)

• @NeedUtonite, let me try to see if myfitnesspal is a better go! I'll report back ASAP.

• Looks like in myfitnesspal the only way to make a challenge is to make a group. In the group you can post things relevant to your "challenge." We could do something similar to this? Or if we don't want to use MFP we can just do it here. But I wonder if we'll annoy O12?

Here's what the one challenge group I found posts on their group page:

Group Info

Sign ups for the UAC-OCT. end on Oct 7th After that you will have to wait for the UAC-NOV. to begin. 

The Winner's for September will be posted soon. Check back to see who completed this challenge and how many times. 

THE RULES: 

1. EXERCISE every day for 20+ minutes 

Even if it's just cleaning your house for 20 minutes, be active. Every day for the entire month. Skip a day and you're out of the challenge. 

2. CONSUME ONLY YOUR BUDGETED CALORIES 

Have a calorie goal for the day and don't exceed it. Eat ONLY your budgeted calories. Every day for the entire month. Skip a day and you're out of the challenge. 

3. TRACK EVERYTHING you eat and drink. 

Keep track of each calorie you consume. Every day for the entire month. Skip a day and you're out of the challenge. 

4. CHECK IN 

Post in the "Sign-in" threads of this forum at least once every three days (preferably every day). You are allowed three sick days for the month. However, you must let me know. If you haven't posted in the three day allotment, and you haven't contacted me to explain why, you're out of the challenge. 

5. Post using the following format (feel free to copy and paste): 

Date: (State the date) 
    Exercised?: (Yes or No) 
    Calories?: (Yes or No) 
    Tracked?: (Yes or No) 

Account for every day of the month. If you can get to a computer only once every three days, your post needs to look something like this: 

Date: May 15th 
    Exercised?: Yes. 
    Calories?: Yes. 
    Tracked?: Yes. 

Date: May 16th 

Date: May 17th 

6. Post only AFTER you have completed your day. 

7. Be honest. If you slip up, you've lost this challenge for the month. All of this is done on the honor system. I do not check your diary. If you choose to cheat, you are only cheating yourself. 

If, however, you can be honest, if toughness works for you, and if you're motivated by rules, then this challenge is where you belong. 

GOOD LUCK!

• @Hismom12 I laughed when I read that. It sounds like a good kick in the ass, right?!

• Good with me too.

Ok, so I guess everyone needs to set up a myfitnesspal account then if we're on board with that. Once everyone does, can we post our screen names here? That way we can set up the group.

• Mine is rachelilly. No numbers.

• Do you know how to connect to people just knowing their screenname?

I think you can invite friends to the group once it's made. Under Community you can Find Members by username. I just added you. Not sure if this feature is on mobile, I did it from the web.

• I haven't been able to get back on my laptop yet. It's being used to play 101 Dalmations since my WiFi isn't working :/ Hopefully I'll get to it soon!

• Ok, I made the group and invited those of you who posted your usernames. You can find it here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23867-o12-weight-loss-challenge

• @NeedUtonite, I made you an admin I think.

• Hi Ladies! I think I am out this month. I messed up my foot last night when I fell off the last stair into our basement in the dark so I wouldn't wake anyone at midnight to grab the pants out of the dryer.  It hurts today and I think I'm going to call my doctor and get in so I'm out this month but maybe November! Good Luck everyone!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"