TTC after 35
Options

CBFM stuck on High

Or rather I guess my subject should have been "Estrogen too low and LH won't surge". Anywho, I've been on High for over two weeks now. I can see a strong first line (estrogen) and a very light second line (lh). From the research I've done it seems that estrogen should wane (line will lighten) and LH should surge (line will darken). Right? I study those dang sticks every morning.... 

I'm going to my first acupunture appt tomorrow. I still haven't been able to completely wean my son from nursing even though I'm confident the extended nursing is playing a role in my hormones not being able to regulate. I would say I'm down to 1-2 x per day. and only once or twice per week is in the middle of the night. The rest of the time is during the day (morning or late afternoon). Its hard to deny him when he knows what he wants now and its such an easy soother. 

Any other tips on getting estrogen back up? I'm taking Vitex and will start other fertility boosting supps (maca, etc.) once I'm able to stop nursing. 

Re: CBFM stuck on High

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    IMHO you need to stop bf completely if you serious want to have another baby. I know sometimes woman get pregnant while still breast feeding but it's not common. Basically you bf up to 3x a day. That's not weaning. Our bodies know that we cannot feed a toddler and newborn at the same time so it's not going to ovulate while feeding the one child it can.
    I know the joys of feeding a child. But are you willing to risk not having another in order to continue feeding your older one.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    I also used the CBFM and had the same problem.  I'm not sold on the monitor, honestly.  Do you have PCOS or any other hormonal issues?  Because I know it specifically says it doesn't work as well for people with PCOS.  Also, is it your first month?  Have you had a PP period?  If so, are your cycles longish?  It takes a few cycles to "learn" your cycles, so that could be why it's acting weird now too.

Unfortunately, I also agree with @hooligans4 about weaning completely. BUT, I also didn't get a PP period until over 2 months after I completely weaned, so I'm basing this on my own experiences.  

Good luck!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    I didn't use my CBEFM for my last 2 cycles. I began to think it was defected. Good to know it was probably still working properly. So earlier today I ordered the wondofo's sticks. Good luck to all of us
  • Options
    You all are right. I need to wean completely. I am truly down to 1/day, maybe 2/day rarely. We had some major changes in his caregiver situation recently so I felt I needed to maintain bf if I felt he needed more nurturing but now that those changes have been made I actually think it's best for me to finish weaning while it's just me and DH.

• Options
    (child mentioned)

I understand how you feel about BFing, @lucyspeople. It was/is important to me. I am still very upset that I had to wean at 14 months to ovulate. (I'm not judging anyone else's experience. I just know how strong those feelings are.)

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    **child mentioned**

I understand too, even though I actually didn't like breastfeeding, and couldn't maintain a supply without medication.  It was a real battle to make it the six months I had promised myself I would.  Still, when DD decided that she had had enough (what I was producing on my own, unmedicated, probably just wasn't worth the effort), I was really sad.  It's always hard to come to the end of a stage like that, I think.

I did get my period 5 weeks later and then again every 4 weeks after that, so there is that...
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"