February 2015 Moms
Options

Anatomy scan - how much does your baby weigh?

I just had my anatomy scan at 20 weeks 2d any my baby is 13 oz. Does this mean I'm having a big baby?!

Re: Anatomy scan - how much does your baby weigh?

• Options
    Mine measured 14 oz at 20 weeks 0 days
  • Options
    Mine was 8oz at 18 weeks. I think it is normal to vary and then later on become more of the average.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was 12 oz at 19 weeks 5 days. I was wondering accuracy too. How do they measure it?
  • Options
    Mine was 10 oz at 19 wk 5 d. They use a few bone measurements to estimate your babies weight. It's based on scientific modeling (equations) built from many, many measurements of babies. I wouldn't worry about the number, go with what the doc said. The doc told me my baby was right on track, so that is what matters. We are at the stage where fetuses grow at different rates, so everyone's baby will be different from here out.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine were both exactly 8 Oz at 18w2d.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    At 19w0d, mine were 10 and 12 ounces.  That put them 1 and 6 days ahead.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have no idea about this one - OB just said she was "a healthy weight and size".

DS was 15oz at the 20 week u/s and born at 6lbs 12oz. I don't think 20 week weight is a good indicator for birth weight.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I would take it with a grain of salt.

The weight they give you is based upon length measurements taken during the scan. They obviously can't actually weigh your baby. Even those measurements vary greatly by the person doing the scan.

Focus on your healthy little one (ones)!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IVF#1 - BFP 6/18/13 - Tommy born sleeping 10/1/13

IVF#2 - BFN

IVF#3 - BFP 6/5/14 EDD 2/14/15 TWIN BOYS  - MATTHEW AND TIMOTHY ARRIVE 12/2/14

• Options
    lilybug319lilybug319 member
    edited September 2014
    Baby boy was 10oz at our a/s but ours was done in the middle of week 17.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Mine clocked in at 10oz at 18w and 2d I think. 

I've heard the smartphone apps can be all funky and way off, if you're comparing to what that is telling you.

• Options
    At 19w6d my little girl was 10 oz according to the u/s tech.  The doctor said she was in the 40th percentile, but right on track and nothing at all to worry about.  Perfectly healthy LO!  I've been told it doesn't mean much, but secretly, I'm hanging on to hope that she be in the 6lb range.  I was a huge baby and my dad was even bigger...I have no idea if family history has a thing to do with it, but I sure hope not!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    At 19 weeks they estimated this lil guy to be 12oz.
  • Options
    Baby girl was 12 oz. at my a/s at 20 weeks 2 days...

• Options
    Not necessarily, my last baby as 13oz at. 20 weeks and he weighed 7lbs 15oz at birth. Haven't been yet for my ultrasound this time but I hope my belly isn't an indicated at how big baby will be because it's huge this time
  • Options
    Mine was 12 oz. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    10.3oz at 19w0d

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a GIRL! EDD 2.6.15

• Options
    10 ozs. at 18 weeks 6 days. Not sure if it's a girl or boy.......
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just had mine yesterday :)

I know my ovulation date and I was 20 weeks 3 days (ticker is wrong). The baby measured at 20 weeks 2 days which is really great. The approximate weight was 12 ounces which the doctor said is also great and average. No indication of a big baby and I don't think you can ever really know before the due date. All of these figures are known for being way off. I went to a 34 week scan with my friend and the tech said the weight estimate of 4 lb 6 oz had an 11 oz margin of error. So basically no one knows until they weigh the baby after birth. 

If you are concerned about having a big baby the best thing you can do is make sure your nutrition is adequate. Don't eat junk food and high sugar foods, eat plenty of good proteins (80 g a day) and fresh fruits and vegetables. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Both babies were each 9 oz at A/S last week at 19 weeks but I agree with @elephantsonpatrol‌ take it with a grain of salt there is still lots of growing to be done :)
  • Options
    My twins were 13oz each at my 20 week scan.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Doctor just went over this with me yesterday so I actually know. He said baby look to be about half a pound, so about 8oz. All measurements were between 19 weeks and 19 weeks, 4 days. It was taken last week at 19 weeks. So now I have this feeling this baby will be a few days early at least, just like DS.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    My girls are each 12 ounces and measuring on track! :)
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The ultrasound machine always says plus or minus 2 oz. The one I had done yesterday said that. And it's only a round about weight it's not exact. It only guesstimates by the measurements that get taken of the femur bones the head and abdomen
  • Options
    Mine was 16 oz at 20 weeks, 1 day. Doc said I'll be having another big baby. The chart I looked up this morning on babycenter said average for 20 weeks is 10.58 oz. https://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart
  • Options
    I could look back at all my babies and see if there is any connection between weight at 20 weeks and birth weight, but my gut feeling is no, it doesn't mean you will have a big baby. Every baby is different. I had 8 babies all born before their due dates, all various sizes and weights...and jokes about baby #9 falling out aside, I went past my due date with her and had to be induced. When it came time to push we were having a little trouble, and the doctor suggested the nurse get the vacuum ready. I said no way that is happening and got her out on the next push. Everyone took a look at her cheeks and said she was over 9 lbs...but she wasn't! I won't take time to look everyone up, but I have two contrasting examples: One of my earliest born babies (born at 38 weeks) was only 8 oz at my 20 wk a/s and was 7 lbs 5 oz at birth. My latest born baby (40 weeks 2 days) was 13 oz at my 20 wk a/s and was 8 lbs 12 oz at birth. Her higher birth weight had more to do with being born 2 weeks later than it did with what she weighed at 20 weeks, and neither baby's weight at 20 weeks predicted if they would be born earlier or not. 
  • Options
    I never asked!
  • Options
    Mine was 10 oz.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    8oz. baby girl at 19 weeks  :x
  • Options
    12oz at 19+5. The tech said she measured in the 85th percentile. But now I'm not so sure about that....

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    She was 14oz 15cm at 20 weeks and 6 days. The tech said right on track.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    10oz at 20 weeks and 1 day. 
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    Mine was 14 oz at 20 weeks 2 days
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"