Adoption
Options

Recommend your agency (PM)

We are widening our search to agencies outside of WI (based on recommendations from a few people in WI). So if you worked with an agency that you loved that works with people for other states, please send me the information via pm!

Thanks!
Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010

Re: Recommend your agency (PM)

• Options
    If its an option for you- go with American Adoption Agency.

National Agency, fees are all inclusive, short wait times. We are kicking ourselves really really really really really hard for not just signing with them from the start
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    MrsShowbabyMrsShowbaby member
    edited October 2014

SGB721 would you mind sharing a little about why you chose American.  I am REALLY new to all this but thought their fees seemed high at first look.  Thank you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They are high upfront, but they are no loss/risk. The ofunds are good until placement with tem. Meaning if we match with our local agency, the money is held on credit for a second adoption. They are also all inclusive when you set the buedget to inclue medical, living, laywer, etc. you set the overall budget. They have two programs We've been waiting almost 21 months with only two profile showings......
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    I picked lutheran social services after trying cople other agencies and we love them. they are honest, don't hide anything, there is no riak of money loss, and they have an amazing support.
  • Options
    oliv0026 said:

I picked lutheran social services after trying cople other agencies and we love them. they are honest, don't hide anything, there is no riak of money loss, and they have an amazing support.

We'd love to go through them, but it's impossible to get in. They do a lottery 2x a year and pull 2 names each time. In July they pulled 2/20 names I think?

We have our name in the hat for the January draw but are working with another agency in the meantime.
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
  • Options
    Oh that must be for infant adoption only and I didnt know about that. we are adopting a child from foster care and it is going very fast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"