TTC after 35
Options

So what's wrong with the blue dye tests?

It seems to be the general consensus around here that blue dye tests are no good, and I'm curious why. I have some that I bought a while back, and now that I've made it to 14 DPO (typical LP is 8-10 days), I'm seriously considering POAS, but I'm afraid I'll get misleading results if I use the blue dye tests I've already got. Should I buy some pink dye tests? Thanks in advance for your input!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So what's wrong with the blue dye tests?

• Options
    They're notorious for false positives. Go get some pink dye tests and let us know the results!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What @obscurereference said.  Get the dollar store or Wal Mart $.88 pink dye test and use that.  After 16 - 18 DPO you should be good with the blue dye ones but there is always a chance.  Good Luck!  FX for you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah don't trust a + on a blue dye test. That would suck yo finally get a BFP and it was just the false + :-S
  • Options
    Darn. I hate to think that I wasted money on those blue dye tests. Guess I'll go buy some pink ones. Thanks ladies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wow i guess i never knew any of this as both times I got a very very distinct positive. Is it just when you use it as an early result test? what causes it to be less reliable?
  • Options
    Evaporation lines are what causes it to be unreliable. It makes you think there is a faint line when there is not.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    What is a blue dye test? Is that just in general that if they are blue they are more likely to be wrong. any specific brands?

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    Clear blue easy, but not the digital... Any tests with blue dye I won't spend $ on.  If you have one and you test + back it up with a FRER/other pink dye test and go from there.
  • Options
    Lurking!! Use your blue dye...READ it with time frame. If positive confirm with pink dye. No need to waste sticks! ;)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    I have personally experienced false positives with the CVS brand blue dye tests, within the ten minute timeframe.  Light, but definitely there, blue in color, the whole nine yards.  Just crushing.  
    BFP 8-14-14; discovered ectopic 8-28-14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"