March 2015 Moms
Options

Amnio Moms

any moms who's opting for or not to do amnio after high risk NT diagnosis? Please share your thoughts

Re: Amnio Moms

• Options
    I am having my amnio tomorrow- tested positive for high risk for Down's syndrome based off of NT fluid level.

I'd rather know, to mentally prepare myself and SO- but it won't change our outcome much. :)
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm sending you good vibes and prayers!
    My harmony test was negative but my dr is suggesting amnio I'm so confused
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you! I'm sending you good vibes and prayers!
    My harmony test was negative but my dr is suggesting amnio I'm so confused

Thanks for the T&P! I'd definitely ask why he's recommending amnio and what's it's based off of. I wouldn't have chosen to do it had my results not come back as high risk. :)
  • Options
    I had an amnio with my son because I am a carrier for a genetic disease that affects males so once we found out his sex we had to do it. It was a very simple process and luckily I had no side affects at all. 

Since this LO is a girl we decided to not have the amnio done because worst case scenario for her is that she would be a carrier as well. My doctors actually encouraged us to skip the amnio since we have no real risk this time. 

I would definitely be asking questions as to why they think the amnio would be beneficial to you without showing any risks. 
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the dr to call me so I can ask all the questions so this is helping me a lot. They put me at high risk for DS because of the liquid on baby's neck (3.78) but harmony test came back negative for DS. So I'm really confused why they still wanna check for other things
  • Options
    I had an amnio today. I didn't have any 1st trimester screening done. Opted to go straight to the amnio due to being 40 at delivery. It was uncomfortable but made better by being able to see baby on the screen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"