3rd Trimester
Options

27 weeks

Hi, I'm 27 weeks and 1 day with my first. And new to the 3rd trimester board... I was sent to the ER Sunday night when the braxton hicks contractions I was having began to be VERY painful. It was a pain in my lower stomach and lower back. I called my doc who said to go to the hospital ASAP. Once there i was given 3 shots to stop the contractions and since it was already 12 am when they gave me the shots I was told to stay over night to monitor them and get fluids. Now, my reason for posting is to see if any other mama's had this issue and if you were still already be to go full term?

I'm a bit nervous that she will come early but not to awful concerned since I've heard this is normal... I should also mention that I had a follow up appt with my doctor today and baby's heart beat was only and 105-110 and when she'd kick if would go up to 130 then back down. Now her normal is in the 160s. Is that normal?

Re: 27 weeks

• Options
    I began having contractions around 28 weeks and have been on bed rest as a precaution since. I'm 32 weeks now and haven't dilated all. He seems to be pretty comfortable in there. I still get a lot of painful braxton hicks that are also in my lower back and abdomen but everything is going fine. My doctor says I'm probably just one of those women who has a lot of contractions but it doesn't necessarily mean he will come early.
  • Options
    I just hit third trimester myself, and have had a couple braxton hicks here and there, but nothing like true contractions... FX that baby stays put for you, though!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been having Braxton Hicks since about 20 weeks & I'm on my 3rd.  I've done this with all 3 kids.  Drink lots of water, rest when you can & if your doctor says that you haven't started dilating or effacing don't stress it.  Braxton Hicks are just our body's way of getting ready.  Uncomfortable but all a part of it.   
  • Options
    With my daughter, I went in with contractions around 28-30 weeks. I was given a shot, and didn't have her until almost 41 weeks. Lots of rest and fluids :) Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"