September 2012 Moms

Tuesday chatter

I just this morning learned that these exist:
And then, while searching for a photo of them, I found these:
Where have I been that I didn't know about this?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday chatter

• Did you try them? I cant imagine the apple ones being great. But give me all the pumpkin things. I got some little mini muffins in pumpkin spice flavor from Target this past weekend. Yum!!!

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have wanted to try the pumpkin oreos but all I have seen are the apple ones.  I have unhealthy addiction to pumpkin  :D
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • mhanson18 said:

Did you try them? I cant imagine the apple ones being great. But give me all the pumpkin things. I got some little mini muffins in pumpkin spice flavor from Target this past weekend. Yum!!!

I didn't try them, and you and @beebopandbuddy are probably right that they aren't going to be that great. I always get all excited for crazy flavors then realize they're nothing special.

• Pumpkin is gross. My sister is helping me with the boys tomorrow so I can go on my interview. I'm irrationally excited that she is actually helping me for once. But I need your suggestions. H is dropping the boys at preschool and my sister is picking them up. I'm not sure how to get car seats in her car. H doesn't know she is picking them up so I cant ask him to leave his seats, plus I'm not sure if she could install them. I want to ask her if she will just switch cars with me but she lives an hour away. My interview is at 9am and I think she is going to work for a few hours before picking them up. Maybe I will leave my car seats at my house and she will have to come here before picking them up? But that still means she has to install them herself.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • OK ladies, am I a cheap ass, or is this ridiculous? I'm trying to purchase a baby shower gift from Buy Buy Baby. I have a 20 percent off coupon, but shipping is still going to come to $16! that completely negates the discount I'm getting. WTH. I'm inclined to choose another item just bc it ships for free.

• Pumpkin is gross. My sister is helping me with the boys tomorrow so I can go on my interview. I'm irrationally excited that she is actually helping me for once. But I need your suggestions. H is dropping the boys at preschool and my sister is picking them up. I'm not sure how to get car seats in her car. H doesn't know she is picking them up so I cant ask him to leave his seats, plus I'm not sure if she could install them. I want to ask her if she will just switch cars with me but she lives an hour away. My interview is at 9am and I think she is going to work for a few hours before picking them up. Maybe I will leave my car seats at my house and she will have to come here before picking them up? But that still means she has to install them herself.

The only way I see is if you switch cars with her. I know it's inconvenient, but I wouldn't ask her to install seats if she doesn't know how. That would be super frustrating for someone who doesn't know about it, and, of course, potentially unsafe.

The only way I see is if you switch cars with her. I know it's inconvenient, but I wouldn't ask her to install seats if she doesn't know how. That would be super frustrating for someone who doesn't know about it, and, of course, potentially unsafe.
    This. Anytime someone else drives my kids, we switch cars.

• melody921 said:
    OK ladies, am I a cheap ass, or is this ridiculous? I'm trying to purchase a baby shower gift from Buy Buy Baby. I have a 20 percent off coupon, but shipping is still going to come to $16! that completely negates the discount I'm getting. WTH. I'm inclined to choose another item just bc it ships for free.

I always think of paying for shipping like a convenience fee. If it's more convenient for me, then it's worth it. If I have the time to avoid it by shopping around, I do. If the discount covers the shipping, and I still get the convenience, it's worth it to me, even if I didn't save on the product itself. I don't know if I'm making sense at all.
  • melody921 said:
    Pumpkin is gross. My sister is helping me with the boys tomorrow so I can go on my interview. I'm irrationally excited that she is actually helping me for once. But I need your suggestions. H is dropping the boys at preschool and my sister is picking them up. I'm not sure how to get car seats in her car. H doesn't know she is picking them up so I cant ask him to leave his seats, plus I'm not sure if she could install them. I want to ask her if she will just switch cars with me but she lives an hour away. My interview is at 9am and I think she is going to work for a few hours before picking them up. Maybe I will leave my car seats at my house and she will have to come here before picking them up? But that still means she has to install them herself.

the only thing I can think to do is leave my keys in my car at my interview and have her pick my car up there and leave her keys in her car. It is on the way from her work, but it means she has to go a less convenient (more traffic and lights) route.

Talk to her about her comfort level installing carseats--one of my friends is mechanically minded and just installed them without a second thought when I visited her.  I have to study the damn manual, lol.  But if she knows ahead of time, maybe she can watch a youtube how-to video or something?  In any case, brainstorm a solution with her so she feels invested in it.
  • Hyaline said:
    Pumpkin is gross. My sister is helping me with the boys tomorrow so I can go on my interview. I'm irrationally excited that she is actually helping me for once. But I need your suggestions. H is dropping the boys at preschool and my sister is picking them up. I'm not sure how to get car seats in her car. H doesn't know she is picking them up so I cant ask him to leave his seats, plus I'm not sure if she could install them. I want to ask her if she will just switch cars with me but she lives an hour away. My interview is at 9am and I think she is going to work for a few hours before picking them up. Maybe I will leave my car seats at my house and she will have to come here before picking them up? But that still means she has to install them herself.
    Talk to her about her comfort level installing carseats--one of my friends is mechanically minded and just installed them without a second thought when I visited her.  I have to study the damn manual, lol.  But if she knows ahead of time, maybe she can watch a youtube how-to video or something?  In any case, brainstorm a solution with her so she feels invested in it.

I thought about face timing with her tonight and showing her how to do it

• I have a math class today. It's for 4th -12th grade teachers and I teach 4th. I may be out of my league here. I had to scrounge my classroom for the supplies I have to bring. It's on rational numbers...
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • @holly_1007 could someone at the daycare help install them?  When we were going through our roughest time with DH's illness and my mom had to pick up Luci once.  We asked the daycare if they would help her install the carseat and they were more than happy to help because they had done them a million times and wanted to help us.  I hated asking, but they were happy that they could help us in a small way.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I feel like the other flavors of Oreos never live up to the hype for me. I'm always disappointed.

I tried the cookie batter (?) ones and they tasted nothing like I thought. They actually tasted nutty to me which was very strange.

I think DH and I decided on a train table for B for Christmas. Anyone have recommendations?  We're not going all out like the last 2 years. I think he'll get that from Santa and a few odds and ends from us. We're going to Mexico the first week in December. Mama needs vacation money :)

Also the mosquitoes last night were out of control. It was gorgeous out so we went to the park. I had no idea how bad DS got bit up. He had like 6 bites on his neck alone. Poor kid. That probably looked really cute dropping him off at DC today.

• It's not really a daycare, it's a preschool. The parents go inside to pick the kids up. I wouldn't even know who to ask. If I had a parent friend that I was comfortable asking, that's a great idea but most of their husbands install.

• melody921 said:
    OK ladies, am I a cheap ass, or is this ridiculous? I'm trying to purchase a baby shower gift from Buy Buy Baby. I have a 20 percent off coupon, but shipping is still going to come to $16! that completely negates the discount I'm getting. WTH. I'm inclined to choose another item just bc it ships for free.

I always think of paying for shipping like a convenience fee. If it's more convenient for me, then it's worth it. If I have the time to avoid it by shopping around, I do. If the discount covers the shipping, and I still get the convenience, it's worth it to me, even if I didn't save on the product itself. I don't know if I'm making sense at all.
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. This item is not available in the local store, so it's pay the fee or skip it. I'm picking something else that will ship for free. 

• Hyaline said:
    melody921 said:
    Yeah, I'd pick a free shipping item.  I'm a cheapskate, but I still think $16 shipping is more than I'd prefer to pay on a good day, let alone if I have another, free, option.
    Yeah, it's not even about total cost for me. I will pay more for the free shipping items total. It's about not getting ripped off on shipping.

• 27boo said:
    I have a math class today. It's for 4th -12th grade teachers and I teach 4th. I may be out of my league here. I had to scrounge my classroom for the supplies I have to bring. It's on rational numbers...
    I am no help at all here because my math skills are abominable. But good luck!

• melody921 said:
    Hyaline said:
    melody921 said:
    Yeah, I'd pick a free shipping item.  I'm a cheapskate, but I still think $16 shipping is more than I'd prefer to pay on a good day, let alone if I have another, free, option.
    Yeah, it's not even about total cost for me. I will pay more for the free shipping items total. It's about not getting ripped off on shipping.

See if they have the same item on the bed bath an beyond site, I've often found that they will have free shipping on stuff the BBB site makes you pay for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • melody921 said:
    Hyaline said:
    melody921 said:
    I'm the same way.  I HATE paying shipping. 
  • Pokedot said:
    I feel like the other flavors of Oreos never live up to the hype for me. I'm always disappointed.

I tried the cookie batter (?) ones and they tasted nothing like I thought. They actually tasted nutty to me which was very strange.

I think DH and I decided on a train table for B for Christmas. Anyone have recommendations?  We're not going all out like the last 2 years. I think he'll get that from Santa and a few odds and ends from us. We're going to Mexico the first week in December. Mama needs vacation money :)

Also the mosquitoes last night were out of control. It was gorgeous out so we went to the park. I had no idea how bad DS got bit up. He had like 6 bites on his neck alone. Poor kid. That probably looked really cute dropping him off at DC today.

The same happened to us last night.  We did family pictures and Luci and I got eaten alive!

• I finally got to pet my stray cat I've been courting!  He is SOOO sweet, and so unfortunate looking.  I don't know if it was scabs or fleas I was feeling, but it was getting my gagger to pet him.  He's so weird looking - all black, short hair except on his tail, square face, skinny, then these HUGE feet.  He has poop in his tail.  I'm trying to think of my plan here.

I'm giving him water and food twice a day now.  I think I'll let him get used to me the rest of this week.  I need to buy a heated cat bed or house, but know that a house would have to have two doors because a feral won't go in a place with only one way out.  I want to keep it in my garage this winter, but worry that he'll poop all over.  Next week I hope he'll let me put him in a carrier to take him to the vet for neutering, flea spot, and I am going to ask if they will do a bath.  His name is Stanley Pickle :x  Any tips?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Inspired by the shit-tastic customer service at Screaming Owl, I bitched them out on their FB page. They didn't respond or remove my comment. Further proof they are imbeciles.

• melody921 said:

the only thing I can think to do is leave my keys in my car at my interview and have her pick my car up there and leave her keys in her car. It is on the way from her work, but it means she has to go a less convenient (more traffic and lights) route.
    I would rather drive a little out of my way then have to install two car seats. Both take time out of her day, and one she has never done before so might take even longer than she expects.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited September 2014
    melody921 said:
    Does Amazon sell it? If you are only buying it at BBB because she is registered there, I would buy it where ever it is cheaper and include a gift receipt.
    ETA: nevermind, I see you are trying to use your coupon. I would still check Amazon to see if it is cheaper though.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• It just occurred to me that my cat might be a female.  I just assumed because of the rough look, real scientific.  I guess I will have to change his name to Sally Pickle if he's a she.  :-p
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • hmp1 said:
    melody921 said:
    Does Amazon sell it? If you are only buying it at BBB because she is registered there, I would buy it where ever it is cheaper and include a gift receipt.
    Ha, I didn't even think to do that! I went with the car seat instead bc it shipped for free. My patience was running out.

• @holly_1007 could someone at the daycare help install them?  When we were going through our roughest time with DH's illness and my mom had to pick up Luci once.  We asked the daycare if they would help her install the carseat and they were more than happy to help because they had done them a million times and wanted to help us.  I hated asking, but they were happy that they could help us in a small way.
    That was going to be my suggestion too. Can you text one of the moms and ask them to stick around and help her install the seats?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I just texted her my proposition (that we switch cars at my interview) she is a know it all and thinks car seat installs are way easier than I make them seem, so we will see what she says.

• melody921 said:
    Inspired by the shit-tastic customer service at Screaming Owl, I bitched them out on their FB page. They didn't respond or remove my comment. Further proof they are imbeciles.
    They have the cutest turkey dress, but all I can think about is your guys' experience every time I see it.

• melody921 said:
    Inspired by the shit-tastic customer service at Screaming Owl, I bitched them out on their FB page. They didn't respond or remove my comment. Further proof they are imbeciles.
    They have the cutest turkey dress, but all I can think about is your guys' experience every time I see it.
    I saw that dress! Cute, but don't succumb to the pressure, lol. You'll end up having it arrive for Christmas.

• melody921 said:
    I have an IRL friend that orders from them all the time. She recommends them and does warn to expect 6-8 weeks to get your item. The cute for cheap is worth the wait for her. She bought the turkey dress :)

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• It just occurred to me that my cat might be a female.  I just assumed because of the rough look, real scientific.  I guess I will have to change his name to Sally Pickle if he's a she.  :-p
    You got a cat?

• hmp1 said:
    melody921 said:
    I have an IRL friend that orders from them all the time. She recommends them and does warn to expect 6-8 weeks to get your item. The cute for cheap is worth the wait for her. She bought the turkey dress :)
    Maybe I just had a single bad experience, but they've pissed me off so badly that I won't order again. I was set to wait 6-8 weeks. It was when it went beyond, they gave me attitude and obviously lied about it being in their center that I got annoyed. I call BS on any item that ships 6 hours after I bitch them out.

• Camden apparently wanted to relive his newborn days and was up at 12, 4, 6 and 7:30 last night. Paci plugs didn't cut it and I had to feed him each time to get him back to sleep. He ended up in our bed from 4am on because I was just too tired to care at that point. I wish I could sleep when he sleeps today, but that's just not possible.

I can't even with Nola's shenanigans today, so she's been watching all the TV. I'm going to attempt a Target run after her "nap." Yea, it's in quotes because for the past 3-4 days naptime has been "stand in the crib and take off all my clothes" time.

I promise I have happy things to talk about, just not at the moment!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"