Northern California Babies

Looking for OBGYN recs around Oakland/Piedmont

skate404skate404 member
edited September 2014 in Northern California Babies
Hi mommies! I am new to the Bay Area (Oakland/Piedmont) and I am about 5 weeks pregnant with baby number 3! I am a little freaked out to say the least!! I am looking for a great OBGYN recommendation in the area. I am not looking to sit in an office for hours waiting to be seen and then rushed out. I would really like someone a little more personal. We are not with Keiser so I know that might make the recommendations a little different. Anything would be helpful at this point! Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Looking for OBGYN recs around Oakland/Piedmont

• Hi there - are you still looking for an OB/GYN. I had a pretty good experience with Dr. Debra Levinsky. 
  • I'd love to hear recommendations as well.  I have an appointment (my first one!) with Dr. Zang (sp?) in Berkeley (on Milvia st.) on Friday.  I don't have Kaiser either :(  I have blue cross/blue shield and they take my insurance.  I'll let you know how it goes. All I know is Dr. Zang is female and I'm only about 5 weeks, so this is all new to me :)  Good to meet other new moms close by . 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nrayyes - Did you like Dr. Zang? If not, I'd recommend the following: 

- Dr. Levinksy if you're looking for someone who is no non-sense and will be ON IT if there is the slightest possibility of something going wrong.  

- Dr. Megan Mihok - she is recommended if you'd prefer to go as natural as possible.