March 2014 Moms
Options

Soft spot too small!

Anyone else's LO have this. Just got back from DS' 6 month appointment and the pedi is concerned that his soft spot is very small and his head growth curve dropped slightly. DS has to get an X-ray of his head. Poor guy he can't cut a break. He was diagnosed with hydronephrosis (swelling of the kidney since I was pregnant and we have been monitoring since he was born), and diagnosed and treated for reflux at 12 weeks. Luckily everything had been just monitoring and meds, but the skull issue seems pretty serious and may require extensive surgery. Freaking out here!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Soft spot too small!

• Options

Sorry about your LO, that sucks, hope everything turns out good.

Just out of curiosity, how big should that spot be? I constantly check for it sinking, but never really thought about the size?

No idea but apparently it is barely there which isn't good at 6 months. I've always thought his was on the small size since DS1 was always so pronounced. I can't even see Ds2's.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our LO was just diagnosed with craniosynostosis, I posted about this previously. His soft spot is not there at all. Its been that way since he was 3 or 4 months old, maybe. However, his head continues to grow, just not the normal way. Its long instead of round. Have you been referred to have an xray or CT? There are different forms of cranio. GL & hugs! Hope your LO gets better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our LO was just diagnosed with craniosynostosis, I posted about this previously. His soft spot is not there at all. Its been that way since he was 3 or 4 months old, maybe. However, his head continues to grow, just not the normal way. Its long instead of round. Have you been referred to have an xray or CT? There are different forms of cranio. GL & hugs! Hope your LO gets better.

We are getting an X-ray tomorrow. Then we will see from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"