Parenting
Options

September Budgeting/Savings Challenge Week 4

This is the last week!! How is everyone. I'm sorry that so many people had a hard time last week. I hope that this week is better.

We have $25 left to make our savings goal. DH wants to make the extra amount that we saved this month a permanent part of our budget. I still have my own winter shopping to do. I'm looking forward to shopping but not to spending.

Re: September Budgeting/Savings Challenge Week 4

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm hoping that both my and DH's direct deposit changes go through for our next paychecks (mine being Friday and his being the 1st). Once this happens, I am confident that we'll be able to get a handle on putting something away regularly in our savings account. I plan on filling out a budget spreadsheet come October and STICKING TO IT. No ifs, ands, or buts.

This month wasn't a total loss, though. I was able to put a large sum of money into our general savings account because of one of my classes I'm teaching. Wasn't able to put anything into our Christmas fund, though. :( Next month, I'm just going to start Christmas shopping so it doesn't sneak up on me all at once.

The problem is: there are HUGE things that DH and I want/need to spend money on in the coming months and it's making it feel like we're unable to save: new floors for half our home and a snow blower (because winter and because our driveway is absurdly shaped and inclined.

The rest of this year is sure to be interesting...

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you all want to do anything for October?
  • Options
  • Options
    Any ideas for the next challenge? Do you want to stick to savings/budgeting? What about something combined with organization or decluttering too? With the holidays coming up I'm sure that those of you with kids are going to need to make room for new things. I just need my house to not feel like I'm living in a yard sale. It would be cool if we could budget and purge at the same time.
  • Options
  • Options
    Maybe something like you can't buy any extras without getting rid (sold/donated/trash) of something first? That way people who don't have time to sell things don't feel like they can't participate. I'm talking about things like clothes, shoes, toys. Things that we're going to end up needing to deal with as the colder weather and holidays deal with anyway.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"