March 2015 Moms
Options

Venting?

I am expecting my first baby March 9, 2015. And I couldn't be more excited! What really takes away from this positive experience is that my s/o thinks he knows everything there is to know about newborns and babies...well raising a kid in general. He is a first timer as well. When I suggest the Tommee Tippee bottles (because my sister used them and LOVES them) he says "a bottles a bottle! A baby doesn't care if it's getting the best one" um hello?! Now this is just the most recent one that's ticked me off. When we talk about cribs he just assumes everything will be given to him by his family (who's children have outgrown things) so he can't make any commitments on cribs, nursery decorations, changing table...
He's so excited and so great with children but his lack of commitment to solid plans is really bothering me! Everytime I bring up my frustration he says I'm over reacting and I shouldn't let his knowledge bother me cause he is only trying to help.
Is this hormones?! I don't feel like I'm over reacting.

Re: Venting?

• Options
    This would drive me crazy too. When I was pregnant with our first, I had a hard time getting him on board with my baby product purchases or registry items too. However it was because he was just as clueless as I was but not interested in any of the research that I had done or in doing his own.
    for SuzyQ and all who have lost

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone. It is really bothersome. And I don't know how to nicely say "stop acting like you know everything!!!" I've tried ignoring the fact that he thinks he knows what to get, when go get it, where to get it but I mean COME ON. A pregnant girl can only take so much ignorance!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can see how it would bother you, for sure, but I'd give him a little slack. Maybe he really will be gifted all of these things from his family. Also, you can always just ask the pediatrician you choose (if you meet/interview any prior to baby's birth) what bottles they recommend with your SO there, so he can hear a professional opinion. 
  • Options
    That would really bother me too!
  • Options
    This is our second, but my husband left many of those types of decisions up to me with our first. We did pick things out together though. While I didn't have children either, I knew a lot more about babies then him lol. Plus I had done a lot of research. I totally get how that would be frustrating! More then likely y'all will be making at least one or two major purchases, so it's good to discuss them now.

Just a side note we used TT bottles and our son did great with them. It is also good for breast feeding moms, since the nipple does a better job of imitating the real thing. I plan on using them again this time. Of course each baby likes different things, but our son wouldn't use anything else, we tried lol!
  • Options
    Lord help our husbands.....

H told me that he will never change a diaper without gloves..... Really? Okay, we will see how that one goes.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"