Parenting

Workout thread week of 9/22

Managed to get in a quick 25 minutes today. It took everything I had. Usually once I get started I'm fine, but this morning the burst of energy just never kicked in. I slept like crap all weekend and stress ate a bunch of garbage, so that probably didn't help.
image image

Re: Workout thread week of 9/22

• I was doing so good with my cardio 3x/week, then went and broke my damn toe/foot 2 weeks ago and nothing since. I need to suck it up and do some strength training.

Any ideas for cardio workouts with a broken toe/foot?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I did a 30 minute Pilates/HIIT combo this morning. I also had a hard time getting into my workout this morning. I had to talk myself out of quitting several times.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been running about 5 days a week. I did not run this weekend but will head out when I get home from work.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • nolagal79 said:
    I was doing so good with my cardio 3x/week, then went and broke my damn toe/foot 2 weeks ago and nothing since. I need to suck it up and do some strength training. Any ideas for cardio workouts with a broken toe/foot?
    It's not cardio, but could you do some pilates or something that involves a lot of floor work? Should get your blood pumping a bit at least.

• I need to look up some Pilates videos on YouTube and give them a try. Good idea @jesuisfatiguee‌
  • I don't but have been wanting to get one so this might be my excuse to go buy one!
  • edited September 2014
    I got in 30 minutes of upper body strength training this morning. I need to get in more cardio somehow. I haven't run in about a month. I hopped on my mom's treadmill this weekend and was dead after 10 minutes. I need to build up my stamina again. With school back in session it's harder for me to get out in the evenings and mornings aren't an option because DH leaves for work by 4 am. 

Can anyone recommend some good cardio videos? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to the gym last night for the first time in months.I've been away form running for too long and I was totally spent after just a short time jogging :( I'll have to work on building back up again, but I did get a good upper body strength training routine done while I was there.

I've also gone back to tracking what I eat on myfitnesspal again.

Does anyone use any training apps? My husband uses JEFit but it seems more geared toward dudes who want to bulk up :-/ Also if I could find something good that would link with the MFP that would be a bonus.

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • I did my first ever chin up- unassisted today!!! I banged out 6 total. Plus 15 assisted.
    Damn girl, you're my hero!
    image image
  • Done for the day. Upper body with trainer. Glad that's over!
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"