February 2015 Moms

Names...is there a female version

Is there a female version of Greg or Gregory? My dad had quiet a serious health scare last month and is very lucky to be alive right now. I was thinking about honouring him with our middle name choice but I can't really think of anything that might work. Help please!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Names...is there a female version

• I like this site

https://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/similarity_of_Gregory.html

It doesn't look like a lot of good options, unless you like Gregoria :) What's his middle name?
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited September 2014
    gregoria is the feminine version of Gregory in Spanish.

Georgia is feminized version of George not Greg, but maybe sort of close?

What about your dad's middle name? 

eta @jmcgra06 great minds think alike ;)
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe Georgianna although it's more aligned with George.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jmcgra06 said:
    I like this site https://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/similarity_of_Gregory.html It doesn't look like a lot of good options, unless you like Gregoria :) What's his middle name?

Lol that might take a long time to grow on me! Gregory is his middle name. His first name is Miles which he hates so he always goes by his middle name. I figured it wasn't much of an honour to honour a name he hates lol
  • I can understand that!  I will say I have the same middle name as my grandmother which she didn't like.  She told my mom she couldn't understand why she would do such a silly thing, but in time it was a special joke for the both of us, and you could tell she pleased we shared a middle name (and all the teasing that went along with it).

Miles doesn't have many feminine options either though so that is tough.  
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • What about a girl name with his initials? MG? You'd have a lot of options and he would still appreciate the sentiment (and hopefully understand that his name doesn't easily translate for a girl).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Even though he hates Miles, what about Mila? I can't think of anything else for Greg that pps haven't already posted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I kind of like the name Gregoria. She sounds like a warrior who decimates armies. Is that strange?

One good option is to use it as a middle name to honor him since it's his middle name. Then they'll both have "Greg" based middle names. I also love the idea of using the same initials. My mom did this with my little brother. So he ands my grandpa are both JW. To add to it she used her maiden name as another middle name. Her maiden name has been used as a first name regularly though.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you already have a first name in mind? I have a good friend who really wanted to use a family name (Webber) so she did give it her daughter as a middle name, it's paired with a very feminine first name and I love it!
  • If you give her a very feminine first name why not just use Gregory as the middle name? I think it would be cute!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Oo I kind of like Rory for a middle name, too!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love the suggestions of Rory or Mila! Thanks ladies! I knew F15 would know!
  • Gigi...said g g. We have also contemplated using my maiden name as a mn. A lot of people have that as a family tradition.
  • I love the idea of matching initials.

BFP #1 11/02/13, EDD 07/04/14, BO diagnosed 12/12/13 at 9w5d
    BFP #2 6/12/14, DD born 2/21/15

• What about Georgette I like Rory too though
  • These aren't super close, but you could use something that has the "Gre-" sound in it. The ones I thought of were:

Margaret
    Gretta
    Gretel
    Grey
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A close friend growing up has the mn Stewart. It was a promise her parents made to a dear friend to honor him for their 1st born. She hated it when she was younger but relishes it now. I vote Greer - because it's cute or Gregory for her mn.
  • I know a Greer and she is a lovely person and mother. Solid name!
    *******Siggy Warning*******

*Married since 11/20/10*
    *TTC since 1/12*
    *Me - PCOS * DH - Azoo*
    *IUI clomid 5/13 - BFN*
    *IUI clomid 6/13 - BFN*
    *IUI clomid 7/13 - Cancelled due to poor response*
    *IUI follistim 9/13 - Cancelled due to over response*
    *IVF #1 - 13R, 5M, 4F, 2 transferred on day 3 - BFN & nothing to freeze*
    *IVF #2 - 7R, 4M, 4F, 2 transferred on day 3 - BFP!!!!*
    *Beta #1 15dp3dt >2,000, Beta #2 21dp3dt >17,000!*
    *U/S on 6/27/14 @ 6w4d - 2 sacs, 1 HB found @ 125bpm!*
    *First OB appt 7/24/14*

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Miles=mila
    Greg=Georgia is all I got
  • You could also do Miley for Miles. Or Grey for Gregory.
    Anniversary 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like the name grays. Pronounced like grace. But you should spell it greys so it's like Gregory. Rory is so cute too!
  • Greer rocks!!!!
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I have to second the Idea of initial.  As a jew we name after someone who has passed.  My father is from an orthodox jewish family so you can all guess how lovely all the names were on that side.  my grandfather died about a year before my sister was born.  His name was Morris and went only by his Hebrew name Masche.  Good Luck naming a girl after that right.  Well my sisters name is Marcy and it still honors him.  My granfathers name is Donald and if we have a boy we may use the name Daniel it is more modern.  
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

• schnitz9

I don't understand the whole Jewish mentality for naming people after one another. It makes me mad, lol. Only because I would have totally named my second son after my grandpa. His name was Norman but we couldn't honor him that way because he was still here. Now that he is gone, my grandma wants us to name this one after him but my son is Nolan, so Norman is way too close. In my own head, I don't think using the same first initial counts as naming someone after someone else, so I won't do it. My brother is Merrick (supposedly after our great grandpa Max) which again makes no sense to me. If this one were a girl, I'd love to name her Helen (my grandma's name) but she is still alive. Can you help shed some light on this for me? I don't know much about the religion. My dad was catholic and my mom, Jewish. You can PM me if you want. ;) Thank you and sorry for rambling on!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"