3rd Trimester
Options

Travel System vs. Stroller Frame

Which are you getting and why? I like the idea of a lightweight stroller frame paired with car seat, but its also coming out to be more expensive than a travel system which pretty much has both.

Re: Travel System vs. Stroller Frame

• Options
    We actually went without either. I didn't find one travel system that got good reviews or that I liked. We went with a stroller that we loved and will be able to be used with multiple kids. It's the City Select stroller and I plan on baby wearing until baby is big enough to ride in the stroller (I think it's suggested 6 months). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We got a City Mini since it fully reclines for newborns, so we don't need a car seat frame/adapter or bulkier travel system.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went with the Britax B-Safe car seat and City Mini stroller.  I can use the B-Safe car seat with an adapter on the City Mini.  I may also pick up a Snap N Go for the first few months.

I looked at travel systems, but they were so heavy and awkward compared to the City Mini.

It's great to try to go to a Babies R' Us or Buy Buy Baby to check out the ones you are interested in.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

• Options
    We have an infant car seat with a snap n go and are using a city mini when she outgrows the infant car seat. All the travel systems sounded very heavy and bulky so this was the best route for us. 

Anniversary 

• Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited September 2014
    emmyg65 said:

SaraML13 said:

We went with the Bitrax B-Safe carseat and the B-Agile stroller.  The carseat snaps into the stroller, and then later the B-Agile is a really nice stroller to use for older kids.

This is what we did too. The B-Agile is very similar the the City Mini, but you don't even need to get a car seat adapter.

====

Same here! Very happy with both.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Uppababy Vista stroller and Mesa carseat for the win. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Another vote for the Britax travel system. I didn't want a system because they are bulky, but when I tried out the B-Agile it is so light and folds with one hand. It's a great stroller, and it can be used from birth without the car seat, which we used a lot since we had a Spring baby and we walk a lot of places.

But it's also super handy as a travel system for shopping trips and errands. Again, the stroller is super light weight and it's very convenient that the car seat just clicks in and out.

Highly recommend it!
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    We got a frame because my car is so small that a travel system would have been too much of a squeeze. We have enjoyed it so far. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"