January 2015 Moms
Options

The bitching post

2»

Re: The bitching post

• Options

OO OO, I have another one! I log on to comcast to do budgeting for next month-I wanted to verify the exact amount of my bill. I discover that they've upped my bill yet again. So, I look for their 24/7 number. Is it 24/7? Nope, not when you want to disconnect a service you don't even use and was only taken because the combined service was cheaper than internet only. Fuckheads. Now, I have to call between 8am-7pm on a weekday. Not to mention, the last time they did this, they made me pay the full extra amount and then reimbursed me on my next bill for the extra paid. If I didn't hate satellite so much, I'd switch.

They just did this to us, too. DH spent 4 hours on the phone trying to fix the bill and then again when they charged us a "late fee" for the portion of the bill they promised to remove. He ended up blasting them on social media, getting an offer (10 days later!) by a Comcast rep to address the problem via posted response, and then nothing since.

I hate them. A lot.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    We had an outdoor craft show yesterday. My feet are still swolen from sweating all day yesterday. I'm tired, my entire body hurts (more than normal,) and I've got two painful bumps on my tongue. Also DS doesn't want to eat and I'm too tired to try harder to get him to eat. DH won't be home until 2-3 because the race he is directing in an hour away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LanatirLanatir member
    edited September 2014
    @CrazyMonkeyBear-- I know our provider offers service in a few places in NH.  I think that's where I remember you being...  Drawing a complete blank on where @HappyMonkey817 is.  haha.

We have Metrocast and they've had pretty good customer service.  Options where we're at in our county are Metrocast or satellite.  Apparently satellite doesn't work very well with our hills.  The rich side of the county gets basic Verizon service (no FiOS because apparently it's not cost effective to run the fiber optics line to such few customers and through the terrain...  At least that was the last excuse given to DH when he called aasking if Verizon was going to have service in our area.  Uhh ok....  I guess they're not interested in long term investment?  O_o)

Not saying you have to switch, but something you could look into to screw with Comcast and to have more "See, I do have an alternative" if it's actually available by you.

ETA-- we have cable internet and DH is able to play League of Legends online without problems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bwall84 said:

Stephij1 said:

I went to Target with my DD today and oooooh boy. She took it upon her self to point at every woman who was even a tiny bit overweight and yell "Mom! That lady has a great big belly!" It happened six times in spite of my telling her that it was not a nice thing to say. Then, to top the evening off, she waits until we get to a very quiet, very crowded isle to lean over, lift her leg, and let out the most gigantic fart I have ever heard. Every single person turned to stare at the apparently gassy pregnant lady. On the up side, my daughter saved me from being accused by announcing, "Whoa! My bum really stinks!" Thanks, baby.

=))
    That's great. I read that to DH and he laughed.
    My DH thought it was pretty friggin' funny too. Jerk. ;-)

• Options
    H is capable of so much more. Hasn't made dinner in months and I wasn't feeling well today so I told him he can figure out dinner. Store bought fried chicken and frozen broccoli...that's it...really? Again, maybe even a year since he made dinner. And guess who is cleaning up after...
  • Options
    I'm late to the party but have plenty of bitches!

My whole family got strep throat, me, DH and DD (16 months). DH had it the worst to the point his throat was so swollen they put him on prednisone. Luckily with DD and I we caught it really early. We've been on antibiotics since Friday so we're feeling much better but all being sick together really blows!

Also I'm having almost daily migraines. They suck so much. If I lay flat in bed with an ice pack it's tolerable, but I'm just over it!! Counting down until I can have my precious imitrex back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So...  I went to have cake for dessert.  It's a cake I made last week.  It's moldy already.  I made it from a box mix.  That stuff is barely food already.  HOW CAN IT MOLD IN LESS THAN A WEEK?!?!?!???

So I had whip and chocolate chips without my cake.  Still good, but not quite sufficient for the tragedy of moldy cake.  
    =((
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    omg my hubby does that and I thought I was the only one. he's right next to me and everytime I look at him I think of this and I almost pee on myself laughing. I even tried reading it aloud so he'll know what's funny and he couldn't understand, you really made my night
  • Options
    So yesterday I noticed water pooling around toilet...which means the sewer line is backing up again. We bought this house four months ago and within a month we had to have the guy come out and he told us he'd been here many times before to unclog line- apparently a tree root uprooted the pipe from our house so now we have to have it pumped whenever it starts to fill up...the solution is digging up front yard and relaying the entire line- expensive! So annoyed because the owners of the house fixed roof and well before they left and if they had told us about this we would gladly have fixed it before we moved in and not had it affect our lives so greatly but def. didn't budget for this when we bought house and now that we realize we would have to have the guy come like every two months at 150 a pop to clear the line we realize we have to have it fixed this week!!!! So upsetting!!!
  • Options
    I'm 22 weeks and poking out but not like I'm 38 weeks, and I've had a few comments of people that irritate me. One lady said, " wow, by the time January comes, you'll be a real big lady!" And the other girl said " ooh girl, you about to pop" grr
  • Options
    britb618 said:

So yesterday I noticed water pooling around toilet...which means the sewer line is backing up again. We bought this house four months ago and within a month we had to have the guy come out and he told us he'd been here many times before to unclog line- apparently a tree root uprooted the pipe from our house so now we have to have it pumped whenever it starts to fill up...the solution is digging up front yard and relaying the entire line- expensive! So annoyed because the owners of the house fixed roof and well before they left and if they had told us about this we would gladly have fixed it before we moved in and not had it affect our lives so greatly but def. didn't budget for this when we bought house and now that we realize we would have to have the guy come like every two months at 150 a pop to clear the line we realize we have to have it fixed this week!!!! So upsetting!!!

@britb618‌ this is something that "might" be covered under your homeowner's insurance. About half of the policies I dealt with covered this. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    thanks @naturelovers, I am going to take a look at the homeowners policy this week and see...last time we had a sewage issue in our other house it wasn't but that was a different policy. 
  • Options
    britb618 said:

thanks @naturelovers, I am going to take a look at the homeowners policy this week and see...last time we had a sewage issue in our other house it wasn't but that was a different policy. 

Sewer backups typically aren't covered without an endorsement, but these situations can be unique. It hinges on the way your insurance company defines a backup vs an overflow, as well as what they consider to be the definition of a loss, and whether or not access/egress is covered independent of obvious damage. It's quite complicated, and it's typically not a cut and dried definition that will be listed in your policy, so it might appear to you that it's not covered, but that doesn't mean that it isn't. I've gone to bat for many a customer and won.
  • Options
    awesome, I will take a look at the policy and call over to insurance company. It has to be done either way but if insurance will cover that would be fantastic. 
  • Options
    britb618 said:

awesome, I will take a look at the policy and call over to insurance company. It has to be done either way but if insurance will cover that would be fantastic. 

Just a warning, if you call the insurance company directly they cannot give you an opinion on coverage without opening a claim for you. The claim cannot be erased or cancelled from your record even if it's not covered, so it could possibly alter your rates (yes, even if they pay nothing).

Do you have an insurance agent? If so, I'd recommend discussing the situation with him/her and getting their opinion before filing a claim.

The reason why this is tricky is because the policy to determine whether or not this is covered is probably not written. It's probably handled based on a verbal, non written policy to handle these claims in a certain manner based on precedence. So if their M.O. in the past is to cover or deny these claims, then they will want to handle them all the same way for consistency to avoid allegations of discrimination.

What state do you live in, and who is your insurer? Also, do you know how much the repairs will cost, and how high your deductible is? I can explain the terms I mentioned above and how this applies in case you decide to go forward and argue your case, but it might get a little long and technical. :)
  • Options
    Thanks! We just switched all insurance when we bought the new house so I have to check on all of that when I get home. I'll PM you later once I find that stuff :) Thanks again! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"