April 2015 Moms
Options

MS & Train

I have a 35 minute train ride and 95% of the time it is packed and standing room only.  There is something about the motion/heat/crowded feeling that has not been sitting at all well with my stomach.  I am find myself feeling worse and worse throughout the ride and generally have to sit down and put my head between my knees to keep from hurling once I reach my stop.  A couple of times it has been so bad I have gotten off the train before my stop to sit down for a couple of minutes and have been late to work.  Do you think it is okay to ask for a seat (and if so how)?  

Re: MS & Train

• Options
    I say politely ask.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Shove the oldest little lady you can find out of her seat. Then smugly sit down and sip your fancy coffee while you read the Wall Street Journal.

Asking politely and explaining circumstances is always a risk of denial, but you'll probably be surprised and end up with a seat.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You might want to try an earlier train as well, i know when I lived in Boston 30 minutes was the difference between 50% full & 90% full trains. I second the bucket, I'd move the hell away from someone who looks ill toting a bucket
  • Options
    Have you tried something like sea bands? I always had horrible motion sickness when I was younger and it also affects me when I am pregnant and those have helped me before.
  • Options
    Oh dear, that's miserable. I think you can ask. I hope pp are nicer on their commutes than the dc folks. If you don't get much help, try the bucket trick. That is brilliant!
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"