Question on bleeding after miscarriage (please help!) — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Question on bleeding after miscarriage (please help!)

ceekaylieuceekaylieu member
Fourth Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
edited September 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I recently had a miscarriage.  Doctor confirmed my miscarriage at 11th week and said my fetal stopped developing at 5th week.  She prescribed me Misoprostol to flush out my uterus (since my husband and I didn't want to do a surgery).  I took it vaginally last week on Tuesday (09/09/14).  Doctor said after I pass out the tissues, I should only bleed up to one week.  I was a bit worried beginning of this week cause my bleeding did get better but still consistent, my doctor ordered a blood test and ultrasound on Monday (09/15/14), my HCG was dropping and the ultrasound revealed there's no tissue left just blood I should be able to pass it out soon.  But I'm still bleeding now, was wondering if anyone here had the same experience before?

Re: Question on bleeding after miscarriage (please help!)

• This past loss I bled/spotted for almost a month total. You are not alone!

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

ceekaylieu
  • Thank you for answering my post, that makes me feel a lot better and not worried.
  • The two natural losses I only bled a bit longer than a normal period because I was only around 5 weeks.  My missed miscarriage that occurred at 7 weeks I had a D&C for and even after the surgery I still bled pretty heavily for a week and a half.   Went two weeks, and then had a period!  So I spent alot of time bleeding that month but definitely bled more than a week even with the surgery so you're not alone in going longer than the average week.  So sorry for your loss.  
    BFP:  April 5, 2013 m/c #1 @ 4 weeks
    BFP:  May 1, 2013, twins hbs seen @ 6.5 weeks, mmc #2 @ 8 weeks, D&E July 2, 2013.  
    BFP:  January 10, 2014 m/c #3 @ 5 weeks.
    BFP:  August 11, 2014, 400mg progesterone suppositories started immediately.  HB seen @ 6 weeks. mmc #4 at 7 weeks, D&E September 27, 2014.
    RE Referral:  January 2015.