December 2012 Moms

Anyone still in the throws of stranger anxiety?

I am starting to wonder what I am doing wrong...A is 21months and has never been in daycare but is out and about a lot. Recently when almost anyone approaches her she hides, sometimes along with a BIG crying episode.

Recently her Grandpa whom she has seen at least once a week her whole life is getting this response. He doesn't even try to pick her up, just approaching her gets her hysterical. It is so embarrassing! I know she can't help it and I don't make an issue of it with her other than to comfort her. Any tips on anything I can do differently or anyone that can commiserate? I will be so glad when she is over this!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone still in the throws of stranger anxiety?

• It's gotten better in the last few weeks, but we've still got crying the vast majority of the time when I drop him off at the church nursery or gym child care. Just this week, I dropped him off at church and he started to whimper a bit but walked on his own into the nursery and didn't look back. 

He'll give strangers high fives, but that's about it. And he's very suspicious of men (aside from Daddy) for some reason. I've come to accept that his personality is just more cautious. I can't push him to be outgoing - it's always better overall and he's just happier when he is comfortable. As time has gone on, he's gained confidence, and I can only assume this will continue. For now, I'm just enjoying the little steps forward - progress is good!
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @Litgirl77‌ she is worse with men too, the only acceptable one is her Dad :-/
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"