Pregnant after 35
Options

Should I tell my kids, or wait?

I have two young children from a previous marriage. They are ages 6 and 3.
This weekend is my weekend to have them, so it's the first time seeing them since I discovered my pregnancy. 
I really want to tell them they are going to have a baby brother/sister! They both have been asking for us to "make them one". But...I know once I tell them, they will more than likely tell their dad who will tell his family and any mutual friends we might have, so I don't want the secret out yet. I want to go to the u/s at 8.5 weeks, see for myself the baby is okay, and THEN reveal.
But...part of me feels bad for not letting them know right away. Especially in about 2wks when I will probably get m/s, and will be too sick to play with them like I normally do. 

WWYD?

Re: Should I tell my kids, or wait?

• Options
    Play it by ear! If you do get M/S and fund yourself slowing down, make the decision then. On another note, how did your pickles and ice cream dinner announcement go? :)
  • Options
    lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
    edited September 2014
    @marijaa-
    It went awesome. So last night I came home from work, and had the pee stick in my purse (hiding it). He was in the bedroom laying down and playing on his tablet. I lay down beside him and say "Man...I'm so hungry." He goes "Yeah? For what? So am I." I go "I don't know...how does pickles and ice cream sound?" He says loudly "OMG...you're sooo pregnant!" and sits up and looks at me. I grin and reveal the pee stick and his eyes get really big, gets a HUGE smile and hugs me hard and was kissing me for like....2 minutes straight. :) 
    He kept telling me "A baby? I'm so happy! Awww...our baby." Then he was rubbing my bloated belly and smiling. It was adorable. He then says "You know I won't let you do ...like...anything now, right? Don't lift that loaf of bread! It's too heavy for you!" We had a good laugh and went to dinner for my current craving: pizza and subs :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids are similar ages to yours (6,4, and 2 next week). I choose to wait. Godforbid we loose the pregnancy, I don't want them to go through the pain. Also 9 months is a long time when they are so young. I have had morning sickness and fatigue. They know I am not feeling well, but too young to associate it with pregnancy.

In the end you need to do what you feel is right. Everyone has a different opinion on this. I am currently 9 weeks and have not told them yet.
  • Options
    @Sharon&Paul- That's true. I don't want to go through having to tell them something bad happened (God forbid). I will wait until the ultrasound at 8.5 weeks. Thanks!
  • Options
    My kids are 10 and 7.  I waited until after 9 week U/S to tell them.  I didn't tell family etc until a few weeks later and it was torture for my girls to keep their mouths shut LOL!  I would wait :0
  • Options
    I would definitely wait until after the u/s!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I would wait.  I had to tell work because M/S is so bad.  My parents know, because they live with us and keep DS during the day, but DH's family does not know.  We probably won't tell them until after I receive the results from the NT scan/bloodwork and any other tests we decide to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Please don't tell them. They won't understand if you have to "un -tell" them.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"