September 2013 Moms
Options

We may have weaned!

Tonight, for the second night in a row I've put DD to bed without having nursed her at all, all day! It's been 48 hours... this could be the end! I honestly thought that it would be a longer process, but she's really taken to WCM and doesn't seem phased by the change. 

I've been looking forward to this day for months, but now that it's arrived I'm feeling sad.  She just turned one, she's weaned from BF, and time has gone by too fast! No real point to this post, just wanted to share my feelings with understanding ladies since DH is out of town, LO is fast asleep... it's just me and a glass of wine all by my lonesome! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: We may have weaned!

• Options
    Awe what a bittersweet moment that must be!! All those feelings are completely valid after it being such a huge part of your relationship with her. I can't believe how fast they are growing up either... My LO just does one nursing session and I plan on keeping it for a little while I will be sad when she stops too.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    That's so happy/sad. I know I'll be sad when we get there but an also looking forward to it....... What's your secret to weaning the going to bed & motn feedings? I'm so dreading that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your understanding, ladies! I must admit it will be nice to make DH get up with her in the mornings occasionally... :) 

Af1004 said:
    That's so happy/sad. I know I'll be sad when we get there but an also looking forward to it....... What's your secret to weaning the going to bed & motn feedings? I'm so dreading that!

Dropping the before bed session was the easiest for us actually. She was more attached to first thing in the morning and MOTN. We disassociated it with her bed time routine a couple of months ago, so I think that helped.  Good luck!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I totally feel you on this one.  I planned to drop to just a before bed feeding and let that ride for another month or so.  Well the week before DD turned one she started bite me.  Not hard just playful and then she'd smile and giggle.  It started to become hard to get her to just lay still and nurse at night anyway so I took that as her being ready to wean.  When she bit I'd just stop the session and she never fussed for me.  That was it.  It's been a little over a week and it's so bittersweet.  I do feel like I have some freedom back though and DD is doing great with WCM so that's made it easier.  Our babies are definitely growing up!
  • Options
    Awesome! So glad it went so smoothly for you, my DD won't drink WCM, she still spits it out and screams like a lunatic if I don't nurse her to sleep. Bittersweet indeed though! Goodluck with the transition and having your body back!! :)
  • Options
    What a bittersweet experience.  My LO will be a year on Wednesday.  We are down to nursing first thing in the morning and right before bed.  Last week I realized that I had enough pumped milk for daycare (we were mixing it my WCM) so I no longer had to pump; even though I did not enjoy having to pump at work I teared up and was sad that I was no longer pumping.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad the transition is going well. You deserve lots of wine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"