September 2013 Moms
Options

Daycare troubles

So baby girl moved up to the toddler class Sept 2nd. The head teacher from her baby class moved to her class, but not the main one who was taking care of her. So she's had to adjust to a new class and a new teacher. And it hasn't been going great. She never cried when I dropped her off before and now she screams for me. She's become so clingy even to her new teacher that thankfully she likes. And apparently she's more clingy and whiny during the day than she's ever been. Granted, her schedule has been off since for the past 3 weeks she was doing half days with my parents picking her up since they were visiting, and this week was her first week full time. So it could be lack of consistency, but i'm just worried she now hates it there and/or there's something wrong. I know they tend to get more attached at this age but worried my sweet-natured baby is turning into a clingy, upset one. Anyone have experience with this? Is it a phase?

Re: Daycare troubles

• Options
    No experience, just wanted to say there are so many things it could be and probably is a combo of them. It could be that she's getting into the clingy phase, could be lack of schedule, could be adjusting, could be teething or not feeling well for some reason. I'm sure you'll figure out soon what the problem is. Don't worry too much unless it lasts several weeks. She'll be just fine!
  • Options
    She does calm down yes. Just more whiny and clingy than usual overall. Poor baby has 5 teeth cutting through. Actually 6. All in different stages of descent and her first. She's been a trooper but i guess i should just coddle her a bit more for a while. 
    She's home today with me and so cranky. I think i'll take her to the doctor's just in case she has an ear infection or something like that. 
    Thanks for the input lately. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"