Natural Birth
Options

When looking for an in person class...

If you searched your community and found someone that did "a natural birth",  but it wasn't one of the popular, well-known "brands" (Hypnobabies, Hypnobirthing, Bradley, etc.) would you still consider going?  I'm living in a very small but very NB-friendly community (the only hospital here doesn't even offer epis or inductions) but there are no classes available.  I am in a position where I could get certification and really do some good here.  I'm already getting my pre/post natal yoga certification and will start teaching that this January, hopefully.  But when I look at the big name courses they all require in-person classes and workshops.  I can't do that since no one will ever come to my extremely isolated neck of the woods.  But I found a few that do offer online courses and will certify me.  It costs a pretty penny, like the rest of them, but I'm thinking it might be worth it, assuming the lack of brand name doesn't scare people away.  WWYD?

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

Re: When looking for an in person class...

• Options
    My good friend just taught a "generic" natural birth class that was well attended and received. I dont think it matters as long as you are somewhat qualified and arent charging an arm and a leg for it. I would go for it!!!
  • Options
    She took training to become lamaze certified but never actually completed certification before teaching the class (and did NOT advertise it as lamaze)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend is a doula and teaches a "generic" natural birthing class and everyone loves it. It would not bother me at all. I did Bradley last time but would have been open to a no-name class if I could have found a reputable one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband and I are taking a natural birthing class with a Doula that is general education not "branded", we're really enjoying it and even if I had the option of taking a "branded" class I would have chosen this one.
    First time mom, due November 7 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"