2nd Trimester
Options

registry

Hi everyone!
I'm about 16 weeks with my first baby, and my husband and i just slowly started to put our registry together. I'm having a hard time deciding on a good bottle to register for. I'm going to try and breastfeed, but i just need help on what is best brand of bottle to transition to. Also, if anyone had recommendations on a good stroller, I'd appreciate it! Thank you:)

Re: registry

• Options
    I, personally, like Dr. Browns. You never know what your baby will take a liking to and you could always register for a couple different ones and then take back/sell/donate the ones you don't use.

As for a stroller, I prefer umbrellas and have a Safety 1st that my child's been in since she was 2 (she is now 4 and we still use it). We had a Joovy jogger when she was an infant but she liked being held and never took to a stroller until she got older.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your input! And definitely a great idea to register for a few different types of bottles; )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure what to recommend for bottles. But as for strollers.. my hubby and I have our eye on the Graco click and connect. Both the stroller and car seat are fairly light weight and the stroller (although it's an umbrella stroller) hold up to 50lbs. There is a review of it on YouTube. Maybe look it up if you have the time.
  • Options
    Thank you! Sounds like umbrella strollers are the way to go! :) there's so much to research, but glad we are researching sooner rather than later!
  • Options
    I just registered for the Bob Flex stroller and 3 different kinds of bottles.  I'm not a mom yet so I can't give you "user" preferences but what I have learned with strollers so far is to test drive.  We went to the store several times and tested a bunch.  They really do all handle differently.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Great thanks guys! I will keep what everyone said in mind! On my way now to test out strollers with my husband! :)
  • Options

We use the umbrella stroller for walks to the park (it is 1/4 mi or less from our house), the zoo, aquarium, 2 trips to Vegas and it has held up just fine. This is the one we have: https://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Stroller-City/dp/B002WB2G9I/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1411086432&sr=1-1&keywords=safety+first+umbrella+stroller

I'll agree that all strollers handle differently. The Joovy was like butter but it was also really big and bulky. With the umbrella, I don't need a lot of room to maneuver it.

• Options
    we liked Dr. Browns. I helped with gas for sure but the different parts are a bit annoying to clean. For stroller we love the key fit snap & go by Chicco for when they are little. We got the city mini GT for a bigger/jogging type of stroller and love it! Another one of our fave products is a sleep sack. You'll need this around 4 ish months. We use the zipadee zip and our daughter sleeps SO good in it. Its truly amazing!
  • Options
    I'm also doing the bottle variety and going for the BOB stroller since we will take to the park and live in a historic district (where sidewalks aren't kept up).
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great thank you for all of your suggestions! :) we checked out so many and it is so hard to decide! Hopefully can fall in love with one and be done with it lol
  • Options
    We used Avent with DD with no problems. We never had to try different ones, she took it right away. I BF and she got pumped milk the 1st year.

We love our baby jogger city Versa. Reversible seat, adjustable handle and big basket. Pushes great and easy fold.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! Didn't even consider a glass bottle but might register for one now! I will look into the jogger as well bc last night we couldn't even come close to a decision on a stroller!
  • Options
    We went through several different bottles with DS, but the ones that we both liked were the avent bottles. We have both a full-size/travel system type stroller and an umbrella stroller. The umbrella gets used on vacation or at times when space is an issue. We used our full-size stroller almost everyday for 2 years. DS would only fall asleep with movement, like a walk. The umbrella stroller would not have been comfortable enough for our daily nap walks and the sunshade was insufficient and the sun was constantly in his eyes.
    for SuzyQ and all who have lost

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for your advice; ) appreciate it
  • Options
    Some babies are very picky about bottles so I'd register for a few different types and see what yours ends up liking. Someone gave me a bunch of her Avent bottle and DS did well with them.

As far as strollers go... I have LOVED my Baby Jogger Citi Mini. It isn't huge, folds up very easily (with one hand!), and turns on a dime. It's smooth to push and I've even run a bit with it. I didn't like most umbrella strollers because I didn't think they pushed as smoothly. Plus it is small enough that it easily fit in my Honda Accord and I felt perfectly fine taking it to a crowded area or a place like the mall where there might not be a lot of room to turn. I have the carseat attachment for it so I used it from day 1 and still use it 3 years later. I can't say enough good things about it!
    BabyFruit Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've always used the Avent classics with my first 2 so I'll be sticking with them for DS#3 but like others have said every baby is different and you might need to try a few out before you find one that works for your baby. I've worked in the NICU where we always recommended Dr. Browns to families.
  • Options
    Used Avent with my first. They were great but got really cloudy in the dishwasher. I could count on one hand the amount of times my second took a bottle. Hoping it is the same for this one.
  • Options
    With bottles my son was never picky.  He just really liked milk and would take it any way he could get.  Boob, glass bottle, plastic bottle, etc.  It didn't bother him.  I noticed he spit up less when we used Dr. Brown's bottles so I mostly used those until his digestive issue worked itself out and then we used whatever bottle was clean at the time he needed to be fed.  I preferred glass because they always felt cleaner to me, but that's just a personal preference.

With strollers I think the one we got is called a Graco Fastaction Fold.  I needed a light stroller that I could fold and pick up with one arm since my other one does work that well.  I went to Target and played around with a few and that was the easiest.  In the end I think I used it 5 times max so I'm glad I didn't try to get some fancy expensive stroller.   I was more into babywearing and DH would just carry him.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options

We used Avent without having an issue with my daughter.

As for a stroller, we started off with a Britax B Agile (and loved it!!)  Now with baby 2 on the way we opted for City Select as it can convert into a double.  So far loving the stroller....the only downside I would say is it is a bit big and heavier then my Britax was.  However, I imagine most doubles are heavier then a single.

Happy baby registering!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"