October 2013 Moms

2-3 items that describe yourself

I'm going to an activity for my church tonight and they gave us a brown paper bag and asked us to bring 2-3 items that describe yourself. You bring the bag sealed and then everyone tries to guess who the bag belongs to. It's a getting to know you game. Well I have a lot of old hobbies but I feel like I don't do anything anymore except be a mom. I've been stumped about what to put in the bag. So far I've thought of:
-A fancy knob from my dresser because I'm a designer. (What else could I do besides this?)
-My Chapstick because I'm obsessed.
-Some lotion that is called Oahu coconut sunset. I'm a huge fan of anything coconut and I'm in love with Hawaii.
-A picture of Jude as a baby that doesn't show his face.

I sound so lame. HAALP.

So if you had to bring 3 items to describe yourself, what would you bring?

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

Re: 2-3 items that describe yourself

• Loading the player...
  • @TREDgirl‌ yes I am! I don't want to be super obvious though since most people here know that I'm an interior designer.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• A book. A cloth diaper. Um. A mini tv because I love tv??? Idk. Who am I???
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Chocolate, but not because I'm brown (I'm not).
    My wrist wraps for lifting.
    A necklace my H bought me this year that has 2 butterflies on it. It represents my 2 gorgeous girls.
  • A race car hot wheels
    Something Americana (small flag or something)
    Georgia's favorite stuffed animal

imageimage    

• I love this idea. I may use it as an ice breaker at this small group I lead!

My 3 things:
    One of my pink Williams-Sonoma spatulas- because I love to bake (and #eatallthedesserts).
    A cd- because I love to sing/listen to music.
    A post it- because I'm super organized and always making notes/lists. Yes I am old school. I'm trying to make more of my lists on my phone but I just LOVE crossing things off and without a pen/pencil, I just don't get the same satisfaction! 

I'm pretty sure most of my friends/acquaintances would guess my bag pretty quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • a cloth diaper, doubles as crunchiness + being a mom.
    something cooking related. i'd probably do a chinese spice.
    a coupon, since i love bargain shopping.

p.s. i love this game. i think i will want to play this game sometime in the future.

• This is tough. I would put in some sort of baby item. And then maybe a computer mouse for my job. Maybe a postcard for my love of traveling. OR a cellphone because I always have mine.
  • a scissor (I like to craft)
    a good book
    my bracelet with the mom charm on it (doubles as representation for my love of accessories and that i'm a mom)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I would put in a theater ticket or program because I've been performing since I was 8, a scarf because I always wear one, and one of Rachel's bows
  • My seam ripper, a rubber duck or other small toy of DS's, and the chords of a song printed out.
  • @comeongetdown you had me at glitter.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• A book because I enjoy reading, a paper punch because I like to make cards instead of buying them, a small toy of Eleanor's to represent her.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PharmDMom said:
    I love this idea. I may use it as an ice breaker at this small group I lead!

My 3 things:
    One of my pink Williams-Sonoma spatulas- because I love to bake (and #eatallthedesserts).
    A cd- because I love to sing/listen to music.
    A post it- because I'm super organized and always making notes/lists. Yes I am old school. I'm trying to make more of my lists on my phone but I just LOVE crossing things off and without a pen/pencil, I just don't get the same satisfaction! 

I'm pretty sure most of my friends/acquaintances would guess my bag pretty quickly.
    You know you're a mom when the first thing you think of when you see "A CD" is a cloth diaper and not an actual cd you listen to.  =))

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • ajjf1026ajjf1026 member
    edited September 2014
    I would bring..

-A model car I had made that is a replica of Joey's (DH) Figure 8/Derby car
    -A picture of my dog
    -A picture we had taken of Joey as a NB that shows his feet with our rings on each of his big toes.

ETA: Oh, and a book because I love to read. I know it said three things, but what the heck, I'm a rebel. ;) lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • My heels (everyone I know always associates me w high heels or platforms ) , Jewlery ( I love unique items especially vintage ) and pen tool ( because I am a creative person)
    < image
  • I would bring one of DS's favorite toys, my iPod because I love music, and a leaf because I love nature.

• My kindle
    crayons
    butterfly needle/syringe
    Sam the sloth (arias nap time friend.)
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • A coffee mug, one of my kids' books, and a bible 
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • This sounds fun!

A chess piece (I used to play and also think it promotes great critical thinking)

Maybe a football card (we love football)

D's footprints- she doesn't really have any items that she is attached to so its hard to pick something that represents motherhood to me.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Harry Potter book, DMB cd, Star Wars action figure.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"