High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Progesterone

Hi! Im about 5wks now and I've had 5MCs before. My progesterone level is 12 now so my doc is putting me on progesterone gel. Has anyone ever used it? How well did it work? Thanks! Xoxo!!

Re: Progesterone

• Options
    I'm 5w3d today and I'm on progestron (200mg x twice a day ) and I take pill vaginally. I conceived with IUI hence progestron is very vital now.
    It's meant to reduce the risk of miscarriage.
  • Options
    Like Crinone?  I've used that in the past.  Just a small warning and TMI, but sometimes you can get peach colored discharge with it.  It freaked me out the first time that happened.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zumbac @itsmevkb Thanks! Did u see a rise in your numbers quickly or did it take some time?
  • Options
    If you're using a suppository/vaginal gel they probably won't even check your levels again, which can be unnerving, but they are only able to measure the level in your blood and when you use suppositories they are absorbed directly into the tissue so blood levels no longer accurately reflect how much progesterone there really is.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    @itsmevkb oooooo I see! I go for blood work tomorrow am for my beta level so they probably won't tell me anything about my progesterone level since I started the gel today? Thanks so much!
  • Options
    I also had 5 m/c. I started progesterone around 5 weeks this pregnancy as well. My progesterone
    Was 13 on a Monday I started the vaginal suppositories that night. I had a blood draw Wednesday morning and my level was up to 20
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"